Why You Acting So Weird

Clara: *rolls over in her bed, rubbing her eyes tiredly upon hearing some clanking coming from outside* What the...? *tosses her blanket off and slumps over to her bedroom window* I swear, this persons got a lot of nerve waking me up at this hour! *grumbles* Why does this person hate sleep? *mumbles incoherently as she mopes to her bedroom window*

(Outside in the driveway stands Theo in a pair of basketball shorts, and white tank top seemingly pacing back and forth, upon further examination Clara sees him speaking on the phone with someone.)

Clara: *opens her window to try to listen in from her 2nd story bedroom*

Ithilien: *voice is hushed but due to the quietness of the night, Clara can just barely make out what's being said* Yeah, I got it for you, man. Don't worry!—No, I promise they won't find out. You won't get in trouble, I'll make sure of that. You trust me, right?

Clara: *squints eyes in suspicion and confusion*

Ithilien: I got to go...but, just send me a text if you are still worried. You won't get in trouble. They've never even heard your name before—if something happens...I'll deal with it. You will be fine. Shhh, I promise. Okay... *brings his voice down to a whisper* I love you too....bye. *looks around to be sure no one heard, before going back into the house*

Clara: *closes her window and contemplates going to confront Theo, but then decides to do so tomorrow because....sleep.*

———————————————————————
(The family is sitting around the breakfast table the next morning.)

Clara: *watches Theo from a distance suspiciously as she munches on her breakfast apple*

Ithilien: Momma, is it okay if I'm a little later coming home tonight? I have a group project I have to work on with a friend.

Clara: *eyes him even more suspicious*

Cady: Sure, bud. Just keep in touch.

Ithilien: Will do. *goes back to eating* Okay, dude, why are you being creepy and staring at me?

Clara: *slightly jumps because she didn't realize he had noticed* I-I'm not!

Ithilien: *finally looks directly at Clara* You're like those haunted paintings that follow you when you move! Every time I shift in my seat, you shift your gaze over to me. It's weirding me out! I know I'm attractive, and a true natural beauty....but even I have a limit for how long I can deal with someone glaring me down!

Clara: *rolls her eyes* Right. Like you're so handsome.

Ithilien: I am! Honest! I could never lie about something so true! It would be a crime to be untruthful!

Regina: You're spending too much time around me.

Clara: If you're wondering what I was doing—I was actually looking out the kitchen window that just so happens to be directly behind you. So...come back down to earth just a tad.

Ithilien: *sings* Why you gotta be so rude?

Clara: *rolls eyes again, and gives up*

———————————————————————

(The family, minus Ithilien, are sitting in the living room just finishing up a movie before bed)

Regina: *yawns* No matter how many times May makes us watch this movie....I still can't help but feel horribly uncomfortable whenever Darla comes on screen.

Clara: Yeah. Same. I love Finding Nemo...but seeing Darla...further emphasizes the reasons I don't want kids.

Cady: Oh come on you two! She isn't any different from any other child.