Spring Fling

( Clara sitting on the couch in her comfy pajama pants, feet resting on coffee table, while watching SchittsCreek )

Clara: *bursts out laughing at the show*

Cady: *vacuuming through living room*

Clara: *groans* Momma, do you have to do that now?! I'm watching SchittsCreek!

Cady: And I'm cleaning the house that my three destructive children ripped apart like little tornados. *pushes Clara's feet off of the coffee table to vacuum between her and the couch*

Clara: *huffs and pauses the show waiting for her to finish*

Cady: *finishes and turn off vacuum*

Clara: *sighs in relief and turns the show back on*

Cady: So~! It's almost time for Spring Fling!

Clara: *groans* I'm watching my show! *crosses arms annoyed*

Cady: Are you gonna go? *completely disregarding her daughter's aggravation*

Clara: Oh, funnily enough. No. I'm not. *deadpans*

Cady: What?! Why?! Honey, Spring Fling only comes once a year!

Clara: And so does allergy season...but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

Cady: Aw, come on! You have to go! Your Mom and I had so much fun at our Spring Fling dances! And unlike allergy season, Spring Fling is something you can only attend in high school!

Clara: Momma, I don't like groups of people, and I don't like loud noises, what makes you think I'm gonna like both of those things put together?!

Regina: *enters room* What's going on?

Cady: Your daughter doesn't want to go to Spring Fling. *frowns*

Regina: WHAT?!

Clara: *sighs* Why is this such a big deal?

Regina: *slides on the couch next to Clara* You can't not go to Spring Fling! It's one of the best memories I have from high school!

Clara: Is that because you were voted in as Spring Fling Queen almost every year?

Regina: No! .....Well, it's not the only reason!

Cady: It's such a fun night! You dance, hang out with friends and make some amazing memories that will last a lifetime!

Clara: *pinches the bridge of her nose* You know how when your in 8th grade health class and they make you watch those videos to teach you to "say no to drugs"? Well, this is basically that scenario...just with my own mothers and not one of my friends in a high school bathroom.

Cady: Clarabelle! We're not offering you drugs! That's ridiculous!

Clara: No, but you're suggesting I go to an event where they will undoubtedly be drugs...so technically you are.

Regina: But Clarabelle— you'll be in a school—

Clara: *throws hand up* Nope. I know you probably were excited to help you're only daughter pick out her Spring Fling dress but...sorry, it ain't happening.

Regina: *huffs exasperated* Way to rub it in...

Clara: *starts walking towards the stairs* Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go back to what I was doing before I was brutally attacked by Momma—watching SchittsCreek and wondering if Alexis and Ted are ever gonna get their crap together. Buh-bye! *hurries upstairs*