The Best Parts of The Hectic Season

(Little Clara, aged 5 sits in front of the window in the living room watching the neighbors haul in their Christmas tree)

Clara: *gasps* Momma! Mommy! *runs off into the kitchen where Cady is standing at the stove making dinner, and Regina is washing dishes in the sink* Momma! Momma! Mommy! Mommy! They got their tree! *hopping on her toes excitedly*

Cady: *chuckles* Woah, someone's excited!

Clara: Momma! They got their tree! *points back towards the living room* I saw them! They gotta tree!

Regina: Whose got a tree, baby?

Clara: Them over there! I saw them bringing it in their house!

Cady: *looks confused for a moment before piecing together what she means* Do you mean Mrs Sonia next door, sweetie?

Clara: Uh huh! They gotta tree! Now we gotta get a tree! We have to! We have to! *bouncing again*

Regina: *chuckles*

Cady: Hold your horses! *giggles* We're going to get our Christmas tree this weekend, okay Princess?

Clara: *frowns slightly* But Momma—they already got there's!

Cady: *gently pats her head* Don't worry, we'll make sure whatever tree we get is gonna be perfect! It'll be worth the wait!

Clara: *smiles a little more* Okay! Can it be a big one?

Regina: As long as the tree can fit in the house! We don't want to get one that's too big! Then it won't fit!

Clara: *looks to be thinking about this* Okay! I'm gonna go play with Theo and Raph now!

Cady: If they're still napping don't wake them, okay?

Clara: *from the distance as she runs upstairs* Kay!

Regina: *chuckles* Tis the season.

Cady: *smiles* Yeah...and so it starts.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Cady: *helping little Ithilien get bundled up for the cold* Clarabelle, please get your boots on. It's very cold outside and I don't want any of you getting sick.

Clara: *grabs her winter boots, sits down on the floor, and begins shoving her feet inside* I can't wait to get our tree! It's gonna be a big one, Mommy said so!

Regina: *helping Raph with his winter gear* Now, if I remember correctly I said we can get one that will fit in the house. If it's too big we can't get it.

Ithilien: *whines slightly* Momma, I don't wanna wear dis coat.... *flaps his arms in the thick winter coat unhappily* It too big!

Cady: *sighs, zipping it up* We don't want you getting sick, Theo.

Ithilien: I won't! I pwomise!

Cady: *tries not to chuckle* Sorry, Bubbs. But—you need your coat. It's far to cold outside for you without one. It's almost Christmas! We want to be nice and healthy for Santa, don't we? *nuzzles her nose against his lovingly*

Ithilien: *giggles* Otay...I won't get sick for Santa! He gonna bwing me a dino!

Cady: That's right! I'm sure Santa knows all about dino! *finishes off by readjusting his hat over his ears*

Clara: I hope Santa brings me that book I want! The one that has all the presidents facts! 

Regina: *grins* We'll all just have to wait and see what Santa brings you all on Christmas morning! I'm sure he has some great gifts for you.