Movie Night (Part 3)

(Middle of the night: 2:50 A.M. Clara, Ithilien, and Raph are all cuddled into Regina and Cady's bed)

Regina: *rolling around uncomfortably* Mmm, Theo...bud, you're on my—

Ithilien: *snores in response*

Regina: Annndd, you're not awake to hear me.

Ithilien: *snores*

Regina: Oh? Is that so?

Ithilien: *snores*

Regina: Okay. Great. *tries to get comfortable again* *mumbles* Having to share my bed with three "practically adults" is ridiculous. It was hard when they were toddlers—now it's even harder...because now they're all basically full grown.

Raph: *stretches, accidentally kicking Regina in the side*

Regina: OW! Raphael! *rubbing her side*

Raph: *snores*

Regina: *groans* I can't even be upset if they're not awake to know what they're doing wrong! *looks over to Cady* How the hell is she managing to sleep with all three of them here?!

Cady: I'm not. I'm just keeping my eyes closed hoping I eventually will fall asleep. So far...not having much luck.

Regina: Can't we just...kick them out?

Cady: No!

Regina: Why not?! They're basically adults, Cads! This was fine when they were tiny, but now they snore, and kick...It's honestly dangerous to be this close to them. Raph's almost kicked my teeth out like...7 times already!

Cady: They're scared, Gina. You should have seen them all huddled on the stairs crying. I couldn't just say "Tough. You're on your own!"

Regina: Okay. But I could!

Cady: *gives her a look*

Regina: Fine. They can stay. But seriously, between Theo's snoring, and Raphael's kicking and punching...it's a wonder I'm still sane.

Cady: Well...Clarabelle's been breathing down my neck for the last few hours...to the point I'm sweating only in that one place...so I understand being a tad frustrated—

Regina: —A tad?! It's well passed being "a tad"! It hasn't been "a tad" since Theo almost crushed me to death when he jumped into the bed!

Cady: —Just try to sleep, Gina baby. I'm sure by tomorrow night they'll be back to normal and we'll get our bed back. For now, we have to give up our own wants for the sake of our children's.

Regina: A.K.A...what the definition of "parenting" should be?

Cady: I can't say you're wrong but...I choose to see it as being a comfort for them...verses them being a nuisance to me.

Regina: Poetic.

Cady: *playfully rolls eyes* Goodnight, Regina.

Regina: There's definitely been better nights—but sure.

———————————————————————-
(An hour later: 3:50 A.M)

Cady: *feels a small tap on her cheek*

Clara: ...Momma. Momma! *pokes her cheek again* Wake up!

Cady: *rubs her eyes groggily* C-Clarabelle?

Clara: Yeah, hi, it's me, Clarabelle. I need you.

Cady: *tiredly looks up at her* What's wrong, baby?