Pointless Banter

Ithilien: *digging around in his side of the closet he shares with Raph frantically* WHERE DID IT GO?!

Regina: *opens the bedroom door* Ithilien Leo, what is going—AH!

Ithilien: *throws a shoe behind him unknowingly. It barely misses Regina's head*

Regina: *looks at the shoe with wide eyes* You better have a good reason for almost taking my head off with your shoe! *looks angry*

Ithilien: Huh? Oh, hi Mom. *goes back to looking through his closet* When did you get here?

Regina: *shakes her head* A lifetime ago. Why are you throwing your stuff around this room like a rabid animal?!

Ithilien: I can't find it! I've been looking ALL morning!

Regina: I'm going to need a little more than that. *crosses arms* What are you looking for exactly?

Ithilien: My old blanket I used to carry around everywhere! I had it in my closet for YEARS and now it's pulled a Houdini and disappeared!

Regina: *smirks* Aww. Are you talking about your Silky?

Ithilien: *blushes a deep red* Mom! I'm basically an adult now! You can't be over there outing me! Silky—I mean my blanket, doesn't mean anything to me anymore!

Regina: Then why are you so set on finding it?

Ithilien: For the MEMORIES! And...my boyfriend and I are exchanging some of our favorite childhood things to...keep the other company...when we're not around. He gave me his stuffed Rhino named Zennie! Now I have to give him my blanket that I TOTALLY didn't name Silky!

Regina: Well...I'd love to help but I haven't seen it since you stopped carrying it everywhere.

Ithilien: Great. So what you're telling me is...this conversation definitely didn't need to happen then?

Regina: I had fun teasing you so...I'd say it was pretty productive.

Ithilien: .....Are we done here?

Regina: Hmm...maybe. Have you checked in that mess under your bed? There's probably things growing under there.

Ithilien: *stands to go over to his bed* I don't remember putting it under here. *looks under bed* Oh sweet potato....it's SCARY under here!

Regina: I told you! You should really clean that mess up before your Momma sees it and makes you do it by force.

Ithilien: I'm busy! I don't have time to be cleaning my room like some sort of organized person! Besides, if I mess up anything under my bed...then where's Simba going to hide when people come over and Dommy gets excited?

Regina: I'm sure the cat will survive. He can find refuge basically anywhere upstairs. Dommy doesn't come upstairs until nighttime to sleep with either you and Raph or Clarabelle.

Ithilien: At night Simba is with you and Momma. He curls up like the cute little fluff loaf he is and manages to steal my heart every time I see him all cuddly!

Regina: *eyes wide as she chuckles* Pretty strong emotions there.

Ithilien: Yep. I'm an animal lover...I can't help it. Anyway, I like letting my bed be the place Simba can escape to. It's messy on purpose! For the sake of our cat!

Regina: Hon, every scary monster that children fear may be living under their bed— actually live under your bed! I wouldn't be surprised if a tentacle appears from under there!

Ithilien: Oh ha, ha, very funny! I'm not cleaning under my bed until I feel like it—or until Momma makes me do it!

Regina: How about your Mom making you do it? *raises an eyebrow at him*