I Want This

( Sitting in the hospital room, Regina and Cady are close to tears with the doctors news )

Regina: W-What do you mean...I can't?

Doctor: I'm so sorry, Mrs Heron-George...but I'm afraid getting pregnant is...impossible.

Regina: I can't have a baby....?

Doctor: I'm afraid not, I'm terribly sorry.

Regina: Why? Why can't I?

Doctor: *sighs* The stress of carrying a baby...your body can't handle it. Getting pregnant at all, even with the donated sperm...would be incredibly difficult. If you managed to get pregnant..miscarriage is a high risk...and even if the baby makes it to their birth...the stress could be enough to cause trauma or even be life threatening—or both of you and the baby.

Cady: *holding Regina close to her* What about me?

Regina: *looks up stunned* W-What...?

Cady: *kisses her cheek* We both want this. I had Clara....I can have this little one too.

Regina: A-Are you sure?

Cady: *nods* Yes, Gina. Like I said...we both want this. *looks to the doctor* Whats our first step?

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Clara: *walking down the sidewalk with Ithilien and Raph* I can't believe my car wouldn't start this morning...

Ithilien: *rolls eyes* Aw, now you're stuck walking with us. How tragic.

Clara: You said it. At least it's warm out. I'd be ticked off if this happened during winter.

Ithilien: You could just ride the bus you know?

Clara: *scoffs* I haven't rode the bus since elementary school...and I don't plan on going back. Ever.

Ithilien: Why not?

Clara: For the same reason you're not riding the bus. It's loud. It smells, it's uncomfortable. Plus, I had a rather....not great experience last time I rode a bus...

Ithilien: Is this the story I'm thinking of? When the bus you were on slid into a ditch and you got stuck?

Clara: Yes! It was the worst! It was snowy, icy, and cold! The bus's wheel caught the ice on the road and sent us flying off into the ditch. We were snowed in! We had to wait almost three hours until someone came to pick us up! I was in 6th grade, Theo!

Ithilien: *shudders* Nope. I'm pretty sure that would ruin any chance of me ever getting into a vehicle ever again!

Clara: Then the bus driver kept trying to "lighten the mood" by telling jokes about how "at least the bus has heat! If it didn't we'd all be freezing to death by now!" I mean, come on dude! I'm 11 and you're gonna say that to me?!

*a small barking sound is heard*

Ithilien: What was that? It sounded like a—

Clara: *gasps* Puppy! *runs to the source of the tiny bark coming from a small puppy huddled in the grass* Aww, look at you!

Ithilien: *looks around* I don't see anyone around. This puppy's to young to have wandered out here by itself...

Clara: *gently picks the pup up* Aww he's shivering! *cuddles the puppy in her jacket*

Ithilien: We're almost home. Let's just take him there to get him fed and then we'll go looking for an owner.

Clara: *nods, carefully picking the pup up and heading towards the house*