1

song: fuck up the friendship - leah kate

It started with a skipped Literature lesson. Well, if you were to say that, it could have also started with a party, detention or a bad substitute.

Either, way it started with something completely meaningless, something completely unexpected. 

It could have started with an argument that Jimin had with his parents. The classic “You-don’t let-me-do anything” and “You’re-too-young” dialogue. This time, they were fighting over whether Jimin should be allowed to go to Taehyung’s party. Of course, he wasn’t. Did that stop him? Not really. That night, he just climbed out the window and went.

That night, at the party, Jungkook had broken up with his ex-girlfriend for what must have been the fourth time, so Jmin and Taehyung spent most of the night comforting him and making sure he didn’t die of alcohol poisoning.

If it had been detention that caused detention, it would have also been Mr. Randolph, the school's least favourite teacher, who confiscated Jungkook’s phone and sent him to said detention. And it led to the Literature lesson, when the entire class heard their new teacher would be Mr. Randolph.

And that lesson led to Jungkook and Jimin leaving school grounds, Jungkook smoking in the Target parking lot while Jimin flipped through a book. Neither knew why they were friends, to be honest, Jungkook was the resident bad boy, the one who spent more time in detention than class, threw parties and dated half the girls in school, whereas Jimin had strict, blatantly homophobic parents and the highest GPA in the school. The only thing they both had in common were rich parents and a strong hate for orange-flavoured Starburst.

And to be honest, they didn’t know why they kissed that day, just that it felt good, with Jungkook’s hand in Jimin’s hair, Jimin’s lips were soft and Jungkook tasted like mint.

They didn’t know that one single kiss would have led to, well, everything.