20

song: long live - taylor swift

_______

"Jimin, stay still." his mother commands, fixing his eyeliner with full concentration.

"I'm still trying to process how you know how to do all this." Jihyun comments, carefully arranging all the products on Jimin's vanity mirror.

"Jimin isn't the only one in the family who made his life like a high school movie." She replies, dropping the eyeliner pen with a content sigh. "There we go, I'm finished."

"I knew it!" Jimin squeals. "Ugh, I'm so glad me and Jihyun got our looks from you."

"Are you gonna go all "Last Friday Night" and start reminiscing on how you were a party girl and stuff back in the day?" Jimin asks. "Ooh, can we throw wild parties and get drunk?"

"Absolutely not."

Jihyun sighs, takes his phone out and snaps an aesthetic shot of all the makeup lined up on the white table. Turning the camera around, he gets a few of himself as well, quickly sending them to Taehyung before he gets self conscious and deletes them all.

"Wait, now that I have a boyfriend, what do I do if I win prom king?" Jimin suddenly asks, seeming oddly distressed about it.

"Just have him come to the stage, it's not a big deal." Jihyun answers. "I think-"

Before he can finish his sentence, he's interrupted by the doorbell and Jimin's eyes widen as he leaps up, racing down the stairs to get the door, while Jihyun slowly follows him, tapping away on his phone.

"You look beautiful," Jungkook gushes, immediately pulling Jimin into a kiss.

Jimin giggles, pressing a peck to his cheek when they pull away.

"I know. You look better."

Grabbing Jungkook's hand, Jimin climbs into Jungkook's newly washed, gleaming van.

"Not exactly a limo." Jimin comments, referring to the black limousine Taehyung had rented for himself and Jihyun.

Jungkook shrugs, twirling the car keys in one hand. "Close enough."

___

The rest of the drive is a blur of messy kisses at stoplights, some random indie pop song blasting from Jungkook's radio, the windows opened to let in the fresh summer breeze and by the time they've reached their school Jimin's lips are nearly sore and his heart is pounding.

The parking lot is nearly full and as Jimin and Jungkook make their way towards the gym, hearing the music grow louder.

The door is opened, streamers blocking their view to the rest of the room, so only when they duck underneath, do they see everything.

To be honest, it's much more than expected. Jimin thought it'd just be some cheap decorations and loud pop music in their gym, a scene he and Jungkook would make fun of later, but everything looks...pretty amazing.

"You good?" Jungkook asks, snapping Jimin out of his daze.

"Of course." Jimin replies, throwing him a playful smile.

Proud to be walking through the crowd with Jungkook's arm around him, Jimin reaches for his hand, tugging on the silver bracelet wrapped around his arm. They make their way through the room, matching smiles on their face as they exchange quick words with friends, one-armed hugs, fond memories and compliments.

The music, a loud and familiar pop song blasts through the room, everyone's enjoying the slight cringiness of it all, especially since Jimin, Taehyung and Jennie had decided to make the entire theme trashy, pink 2010's themed.