23

Days pass by rather uneventfully, Jimin spends most of his time with Jungkook, going anywhere they can think of; movie theaters, malls and generally just driving around, the windows rolled down and music on full blast.

Today is no different, Jimin wakes up, eats a little bit of whatever's in the fridge and then sits in the living room scrolling through random tiktoks on his for-you page while he waits for Jungkook.

Jihyun's next to him as well, airpods plugged in while he scrolls through his phone, occasionally sitting up to look out of the window.

Somewhere in between of doing streaks with random strangers and mindlessly watching people talk about this or that, the doorbell suddenly rings and Jimin perks up, running to get the door.

"Oh, hi Tae." he greets, quickly hugging him.

"Jihyun! It's for you!" he screams afterwards.

"Coming!" Jihyun yells back, twice as loud.

Practically beaming, Jihyun runs up to the door, grabbing a bag that's leaning against the stairs.

"Where are we going?"

"You'll see." Taehyung replies. "It's nothing like last time, though."

"Tragic." Jihyun sighs, standing on his toes to press a kiss on Taehyung's cheek.

Jimin watches, wide-eyed as Taehyung kisses him back, still trying to process what just happened.

These? Idiots? Finally?? Confessed????

"Wait, you guys are dating?!" he exclaims.

Taehyung pauses. "Uh, are we?"

Jihyun looks just as startled as everyone else. "I think so?"

Jimin sighs. "Forget I asked."

"No, no." Taehyung says. "This is important."

"I mean, you saved me as baby and everything, so-"

"You know that?!" Taehyung interrupts.

"Oh, yeah. Once you sent me a screenshot of some video you were watching and there was a notification of one of my snaps. I only noticed, like twenty minutes after you sent the screenshot though, and I felt it'd be weird to ask."

Eyes widening, Taehyung looks like he's about to say something. "I-"

"Oh shit why did I-"

"Wait-"

"Tae-"

"Jihyun-"

"You know what?" Jimin decides. "I'll just... leave you to it."

_______

Discreetly closing the door behind the extremely awkward potential couple, Jimin jogs to the driveway. He pulls his phone out or his back pocket, opening his contacts app, and calls Jungkook's number.

"Jungkook?"

"I'm not even that late, this time!" he protests immediately.

"Not the issue right now, don't worry." Jimin answers, laughing softly."Where are you now, though?"

"Almost there!" Jungkook answers happilly, his words immediately followed by loud honking.

"What did y-"

"Just ignored a stop sign, it's no big deal." Jungkook replies breezily, and Jimin can literally see him in his car, grinning broadly, the music on full volume and blatantly ignoring all the other drivers flipping him off.

"Okay, don't kill anyone." Jimin instructs, smiling afectionately. "Now go, concentrate on your driving. I'll hang up."

Doing so, Jimin leans against the garage door, scanning the empty street for a sign of Jungkook's car. Like Jungkook said, it doesn't take him long to arrive. Barely a few minutes later, Jungkook is already there, stopping the car in front of Jimin's driveway, not bothering to turn the engine off.

Jungkook quickly pulls Jimin into a hug, laughing when Jimin uses it as an excuse to admire his arms in the tank top he's wearing, pressing down on the muscles.

"I like the shirt," Jimin tells him, smiling innocently as he gets into the car.

"Mhm. Should I wear it more often then?"

"Definitely. Can I drive?"

Jungkook sighs. "Fine."

Letting out an excited sound, Jimin trades seats with Jungkook. Jungkook smiles again, leaning across his seat to ruffle Jimin's hair. One last quick kiss later, Jimin starts the engine, cautiously backing out of the driveway.

The rest goes by in a warm haze, Jungkook's hand on his and the windows down, Jungkook singing his heart out to girl group songs, Jimin at the steering wheel. He might legally not be allowed to drive, but he and Jungkook agreed that if they got pulled over, they'd switch seats and accuse the police officer of being racist for not being able to tell two asians apart. (remember, kids, it's not what you can do for the discriminatory systems, but what discriminatory systems can do for you).

Matching smiles on both of their faces, Jimin stops the car somewhere in an empty space, checking to see that no one's there. As suspected, it's empty, so like planned he leans across the barrier, capturing Jungkook's lips in a kiss.

Jungkook reacts without hesitation, wrapping one hand around Jimin's waist, cupping the other around his cheek as their tongues brush against each other.

Somewhat awkwardly, Jimin slides into Jungkook's seat, making himself comfortable in his lap while Jungkook continues kissing and sucking on his neck. Grinding down on his thigh, Jimin pulls Jungkook a bit closer, hand on the back of his neck when their lips meet again.

Tongues intwined, Jimin's bottom lip on between of Jungkook's teeth, Jimin lets out a groan, now shamelessly rubbing his crotch against the denim material of Jungkook's shorts, desperately trying to catch his breath.

"Jungkook," Jimin pants, looking up at him with big eyes.

Licking his lips, Jungkook's grip - which has now dropped down to Jimin's ass - holds him a bit tighter.

"Yeah? What do you need baby?"

"I-"

"Mhm?"

"I lo- I mean- I want you," Jimin manages, heart pounding furiously, hoping Jungkook didn't notice his slip-up.

"Whatever you want." Jungkook promises, seemingly oblivious as he passionately kisses Jimin a second time.

Moaning softly, Jimin kisses him back.

You don't mean it, he chides himself, it just slipped out in the heat of the moment. It's just all that sentimental porn getting to your head. It means nothing. Absolutely nothing.

After all, great as Jungkook is at everything - sex, dates, kissing, conversations, he's not in love. Not yet. He can't be.

_______

a/n guess who pulled this out of their ass off of half a sour apple vape and a semi frozen cream puff (answer: yours truly, charlotte)