8

song reccomendation: coffee breath - Sofia mills

Jungkook groans as Jimin drags him into the library after school with the promise of a date, pushing him down onto one of the chairs.

"You haven't even started studying for the math test, so shut the fuck up.". Jimin says as Jungkook's about to protest.

"But we still have three days!".

"My fucking point.".

"Okay, babe, I'm sorry, I'll pay attention in class or something. But I could be doing so many important things in this free hour, come on.".

"Smoking weed with Taehyung doesn't count as important.".

"Shit.".

Jimin laughs and sits down next to him, crossing his legs.

"Okay, we have two tests the next week, math and physics. Then next next week is when we have most finals, and two more in three weeks, right?".

"Uh-huh.".

"What have you studied for?".

Jungkook pauses.

"P.E?".

"How the fuck-".

Jungkook smirks.

"Stamina. We did a lot of that lately, huh?".

Jimin blinks.

"Please tell me you're joking.". He says, and Jungkook laughs, leaning back as he runs a hand through his hair.

"Look, I understand most of what we're doing anyways, so I memorize everything and relearn what I need to two days in advance, and everything I still don't know, I cheat on. Duh.".

"Oh my God, my boyfriend is a dumbass.".

"Hey, it always works!". Jungkook protests.

"But if you don't know basic high school material-".

"Babe, I'll be fine.".

"I don't doubt that. Just shut up and prepare for your test so that you don't need to cram too much tomorrow.".

"You know I could probably find the test on Quizlet, right?".

_____

Jimin raises an eyebrow as Jungkook's hand moves from fidgeting with his pencil to Jimin's thigh, squeezing it gently.

"Don't even think about it." Jimin warns.

"I'm bored." Jungkook complains.

"Believe it or not, but studying isn't supposed to be fun. Just suck it up and we can do whatever the fuck we want after finals."

"Ugh, fine."

Jimin smiles and kisses his cheek quickly, then turns back, focusing on his book.

"You know, since you're making me study for finals this early, I think you should consider getting a driver's license.". Jungkook remarks.

"I tried, actually, like a year ago."

"And you failed?"

"Mhm. Twice."

"I-"

"But we don't talk about it, so shush and keep studying."

Jungkook laughs.

"Did you at least pass the written exam?"

"Duh. It's just the driving part I'm shit at. And the worst part is that I even flirted with the instructor non stop and still didn't get my fucking license."

Jungkook snickers.

"Maybe that's what made you fail."

"Oh, fuck off, he told me I can get free private lessons any time after that. But I guess I'll just keep hitching rides for the rest of my life."

"And you're mad at me for not studying."

"That's different."

"In what way?"

Jimin groans.

"Fine, it's the same, but it's not my fault I can't drive. I'm gay."

"And I'm bad at math because I'm bi."

"Says the honors math class kid."

"7th grade, Jimin."

Jimin shrugs, grinning teasingly.

"Prodigy then, prodigy now."

"I hate you."

_____

After what Jungkook claims was five hours and Jimin two, Jimin lets Jungkook stop, and he closes his book with a sigh.

"Can we go do something more interesting now?".

"Depends.".

"There's a party I'm invited to.".

"As long as I don't need to take care of you and watch you throw up and cry in the bathroom because of your ex, I'm down."

Jungkook groans.

"That was once."

"And yet it still traumatized me. Where's the party?".

"Yoongi's house. He didn't tell you?"

"Didn't see him today.".

"It's at 7. Want me to pick you up?".

"Mhm. Dress code?".

"None. It's not like it's prom or anything. Speaking of which, when are you getting your suit or whatever?".

"Whenever Jin agrees to go with me, I guess."

"We're still going together, right?".

"Duh. Unless you change your mind, that is.". Jimin responds, rolling his eyes playfully. "Okay, I'm gonna go home. I need to finish some assignments and get ready. See you in two hours?"

Jungkook nods, both of them standing up, and watches as Jimin slings his bag over his shoulder, turning around.

"I'm not getting a proper goodbye?". Jungkook teases, and Jimin lets out a laugh and turns back around, standing on his toes to press a kiss to Jungkook's lips.

"It's just gonna be two hours. See you in a bit.".

"Mhm. Seeya, princess.".

______

"Where are you going?" Jihyun asks as Jimin is about the close the door behind him, dressed in tight jeans and a black crop top, silver cross earrings and intricate eyeliner.

"I'm going to a party, but mom and dad think I'm going to Tae's. Why?".

"Just wondering. Have fun, I guess.".

Jimin cocks an eyebrow, leaning against the doorframe.

"You wanna come with?".

"Won't they get suspicious?".

"Why would they? You and Taehyung are friends, right?".

"Kinda? Are we?".

Jimin laughs.

"Nah, I get it. But, like, you're always welcome.".

Jihyun looks around quickly, then shrugs.

"Give me ten minutes, I'm coming.".