14

song reccomendation: i wish you would - Taylor swift (yes im a swiftie, yes im a gaylor)

____

"Jihyun!"

Jihyun stops in his tracks, eyes widening once he sees Taehyung jogging down the hallway. Admittedly, he's tempted to make a run for it, but by the time he's outweighed whether or not it would be a good idea, Taehyung stops in front of him.

Fuck.

"Hey." Jihyun tries going for a casual tone. It ends up coming out as a squeak.

"Hey." Taehyung says, flashing him a smile. "Can we talk?"

Or we could just run away from our problems like I've been doing the past seventeen years?

"Sure... Are we talking about it?"

"If we're thinking the same thing, yes."

"Are we?"

"I dunno, you tell me."

"Um, I was talking about the whole trading ptyalin thing?"

"... Is that a drug or something? Did we do drugs, Jihyun?"

"Yes. No. No, that's not what I'm saying- I'm talking about the sucking each other's faces. Mouth-to-mouth action. My lips losing their virginity. Our labium superius oris' touching. You-"

"Yeah, we're talking about the same thing." Taehyung says hurriedly. "Yeah, so, um, I wanted to say I'm sorry."

Oh.

Even though he expected it, Jihyun bites down on his lip, hard, trying to ignore the way his heart practically fucking sinks at that.

"Yeah. Me too." He says softly, looking down, and he doesn't see the look that flashes through Taehyung's eyes as he clears his throat.

"Yeah, so... sorry if that was weird and everything. I shouldn't have done it."

Jihyun opens his mouth, wishing he could say something better. Wishing he could tell at Taehyung for being so fucking stupid, because he should have kissed him earlier, hell, he can kiss him anytime. Wishes he could tell Taehyung he's a fucking dumbass for apologizing because the only thing he should apologize for is not having dragged him to his house and fucked him senseless that night, because, shit, he has no idea what he's feeling but if this is what love is supposed to feel like, he fucking loves him. But nothing comes out, except for a small nod.

"And um... I'm really sorry if I ruined... whatever we had before that." Taehyung continues. "But, like, we were both drunk, so, of course we made some bad decisions and mistakes, so you don't need to hear yourself up about it. We're still friends, right?"

Mistakes. Of course Taehyung thinks it's a mistake. Why wouldn't he, though, when he's the Prince Charming and Jihyun is just Jimin's little brother. He's not even as compelling as Jimin, who's loud and stunning and funny, he's just the brother figure to his entire friend group, practically a child to them who just quotes Vines and worships Seokjin and Taehyung.

It's times like this when Jihyun wishes he could be more like his brother. Jimin, who has more friends than he can count while Jihyun just hangs out with his brother's friends, Jimin always looks effortlessly gorgeous and is just weirdly striking, and by now Jimin would have grabbed Taehyung by his collar and kissed him again and told him he loved him, and Taehyung would kiss him back because he's just so perfect, while Jihyun's just the little boy he thought was cute when he was drunk.

And now they're friends again. Because for Taehyung, it's so easy to just brush off the fact that he was Jihyun's first kiss because he practically makes out with the entire senior year at most parties, and it's just another one of the many dumb, drunken mistakes he's made, a little annoying, but impactless.