chapter 12

𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐁𝐋𝐄𝐌 𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐃

"kansamnida!" the man bow his head, tears in his eyes. he is really grateful that namjoon's old man have given him another time to pay for his debt. really, namjoon's dad is known to be the rare kind of mafia, he cares for his allies, partners, debtors, and his family. one of the reason why the young little boy idolizes his father.

"now take this for your family's meal," the old man smiled. he gave an envelope filled with cash. the man gratefully have it, thank him once again and countlessly compliments him for being generous, and understanding. the dad only chuckles, he is obviously bad at praises. namjoon was just staring them, looking lost.

when the debtor left. the father still have his smile, his dimples still shown. one of the feature namjoon got from his father. namjoon followed his father who was going to his office. he ask, "appa, isn't it too much to spoil him?"

his old man grins, and pat his head. he smiled widely, "namjoon, you know that i spoil you alot, even though you're a problem child- waaait, don't tell me you little runt is jealous i spoil others too?"

the old man was playfully teasing his young son. namjoon glared at his father and tries to throw punches at him. the old man laughs out loud from his cute son. he said, "i was kidding! kidding!"

namjoon gave up and just cross his arms. his old man kneels infront just to equal his son. his face straighten, and meet each other's eyes. he said, "it's important to help the ones in need, they will help you too. it's give and take. remember that namjoon."

he always admire his father. whenever he goes in gambling, his son begs to take him and so he could watch how his father wins.. and to give money freely... even outside the gamble. the longer he is following his father's footsteps, the clearer he sees the people around them.. just wanted to use his father... because his father is what you called, the source. they need money, just come and take it from his father. namjoon tried his best to let his father listen to him, but his father was blind by kindness and generosity, not knowing the word limit.

one day, they were arguing about this in the office. a woman came which make namjoon leave to give his father a discussion with this woman who have been visiting lately due to lack of money. oh, you know where this is going and namjoon had enough seeing his father give money to unfaithful pricks. he was passing by a guest room when he hears weird noises, and familiar scent. he shakingly slid the wooden door open. in his own two eyes, he shockingly saw his mother being fucked by another man for god knows who. he fell on the ground, shakingly with wide eyes. her mom noticed with sweats on her face. her face looks doomed, "na-namjoon?"

the man who was on top of her glance at him with piercing eyes, threatening him with his alpha pheromones. little namjoon was scared, he made a whine in his throat. he gets up quickly and run wobbly with tears on his eyes. he continuously cry in his bed until he calm down, staring his lap with his short that's drench in tears.

later, his mom came and called sweetly. he didn't respond, so she approaches him. she sat beside her son who is on his futon, kneeling with her two legs, sitting her butt on her foot like a royale would from old era. she grabs namjoon's arms and also look down. she said, "i'm sorry, namjoon. f-for hiding this, but one day, you'll understand-"

"get out," he said coldly. he was keeping in that position, eyes still on his lap. his mother pull her hands away, and put it on her lap. she was gonna say something, but then think it was hopeless. she left the dark, cold room. namjoon gritted his teeth, clenching his fist together. he is trying to sustain his anger towards his parents. that night, the dinner was unusually quiet. his dad trying to lighten up the mood, but namjoon had enough and go to his room with his swollen eyes.

since then, he don't want to join his dad's activities, plus her mom became bolder. she introduces the man to namjoon, the man who she was fucking everyday in that guest room. namjoon fakely smile and greet the man, making the two adults caught off guard. the allies as usual, taking a blind eye to all what happened whenever their boss is away. their boss' wife told them that their only job is to keep her, namjoon, and the house safe. not minding her love life, because the old man only told them to protect his family while his away, and that's about it.

night came, she see her man that who she was cheating with drove away. when the car is now far away, she decided to go back inside, she then jump in surprise because her son was standing at the door way. she have her hand on her chest, "goodness! your quiet behavior is really scary."

his face was blank, innocent looking eyes yet has strange mindset. he ask, "why are you doing this?" aren't you happy having dad.. and me? that question made her push a smile, and hug her son. she answer softly, "it's better to leave it unsaid. don't worry, once you turn adult, you'll know the answer, my child."

he let his mom hug him, pat his head, kiss his forehead, caress his back, and cheeks. after that, she stood up and grab her son's hand to walk inside their traditional house. he is still in dull face. lots of things was in his mind.

the next day, his dad had weaken and turn out to have a cancer. his mom was crying as the doctor continue to explain things on what's happening to her husband. when the doctor is done and excuse himself, his mother expression turn into like nothing but a normal unproblematic face. namjoon as usual, staring the adults. he heard his mom mumble, "finally the hellhole is vanishing."

namjoon glances at the door, "can we see appa now?" he grab her hand. she smiled and equal his height, grabbing his hand with her two hands in between his. she said, "sorry for faking to the doctor, but these tears are true."

namjoon was giving a confused look. his mother chuckles, and grab his hand, walking away from the room where his father was in. namjoon glancing at his back. her mother continued, "you interested in gamble? i can teach you."

"but appa?"

"he's being taken cared of by the hospital, he's gonna be fine. mind yourself from now on, also did you already got your gender identification? you'll be turning 14 next month-"

his mother keeps taking him away from his father. he let her, but sly as her, he is secretly visiting his father. his father was becoming worse, and his mother has no sign of pity towards her husband, even just a little. namjoon noticed that his parents never made love to each other to create him, they created him to get his parents be chained together. there's no bond was made, no wonder his mother is still using an omega's choker. why is she still unmarked?!

A/N: holy sht