Chapter 21

𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐎𝐍'𝐒 𝐃𝐄𝐍

"welcome," the servant passing by greeted them with lower head. taehyung just eyes the huge aged, wooden house [hanok] with no interest. the screen door opened by the two servants, there he saw the place filled with antique-like stuff and designs. they greet, "welcome."

namjoon gesture him to come which he continue his way inside the place. he saw the older dropping his blazer to one of the maid who were leaning slightly, heads down and palms open together, and she's wearing a plain hanbok. it was as if he time traveled in 14th century [joseon dynasty], that's what the vibe this place was giving. the older even removed his watch and tie, he gave it to the other maid beside with the same posture. the two maids looked alike, they are twins wearing the same hanbok design. taehyung then looks beside him just to see a man stood straight, clipboard on his arm and keeping the serious face. he's familiar since he always sees him with namjoon. it's the older alpha's secretary, perhaps.

"the food is ready, young master," the maid said after getting the blazer. the twin who handed the watch, "it's served at the other room. do you want us to move it here, sir?"

namjoon just turns around to look at the younger alpha. he opens his palm with a smirk, "i'll treat you to a five-star restaurant next time, so for now let's eat here today."

taehyung furrowed his eyebrows, he frowns. he looks at the older in suspicious manner. it isn't strange the older alpha is being flirty (or yet acting weird) but taehyung still can't bring himself to loosen up. he still feels uncomfortable. must be because their secondary gender's instinct. they are both dominant alphas after all, either of them despise one's presence, but seems like it's the other way around. namjoon likes him, but in what way? the way where he likes to be friends? to be.. so much more? whatever it is, taehyung doesn't like that idea. he doesn't plan to be friends with the older alpha. he wasn't aware that he has been glaring at namjoon. the older grins with the nasty look.

"my servants prepared japchae, bulgogi, rice with sides, pork soup, appetizers and dessert," namjoon tries to persuade the younger. he was hoping taehyung is a fan of food. the image of seeing the younger eat his fill with chubby cheeks is what namjoon wanna witness. he gesture him at the other room opened by the maid, "shall we?"

taehyung sighs and he just steps in. he saw two floor pillows [zabuton] between the large coffee table. the food are served at the surface, definitely ready to eat. this feels... really weird in taehyung's perspective. it almost feels like he was being spoiled like.. what do you call it? a sugar baby? or like lovers on a date. he just felt chills.

nonetheless, he was getting hungry so he shook that thought and take a seat. the older coming after, he sat with legs cross unlike taehyung with his knees together and sitting his ass on his legs. namjoon grins at that posture, "no need to be so formal, sit comfortably."

taehyung furrowed his eyebrows and just did so. he doesn't like that position anyways since it's uncomfortable and causes leg cramps. he too just crossed his legs. he have his hands together and says, "thanks for the food."

after that, he starts to get food in to his small bowl. namjoon doing the same with pleased expression. the two began eating in silence. taehyung just realized it was the only two of them in the room. the sliding door was opened (as if a window) giving him the chance to see the beautiful yard that has bamboo trees close to the wall, has small pond with japanese fishes in it, and those weird small houses made in mud. he then decided to ask with mouth full, "abouh the servans, how cohm theh dress'd trahihionally en you dohn?" [about the servants, how come they dressed traditionally and you don't?]

"it's too hot," namjoon said after gulping down the pork he chewed. he place down his chopsticks beside and clasp his hands together, leaning on the table with his arm supporting it. he grins with a perk brow, "something perk your interest?"

"i wanna try hanbok too," taehyung said after sipping the soup. he glances at the food which made him look like a kid upset for not getting what he wants. namjoon somehow find that adorable. his grin turned wider causing his dimple to be visible, "would you like to try mine on?"

taehyung then looks at him. he says blankly, "no. i change my mind, where's the bathroom anyway?"

namjoon hums and points behind the younger, "ask the maid for the way. don't be lost now, okay?"

"yeah, yeah," taehyung said as he got up. he slid the door just to see the twins on either side sitting on the wooden floor with their knees together. they bow their head at him. he says, "i needa go to the bathroom."

"right this way," the first maid said while gesturing her hands. she stood up and lead the way for taehyung. the second maid closing the door after, taehyung had one last glance at namjoon who was looking at him with smug face as if he's expecting taehyung to take his time to the bathroom.

which he is. once the maid and him reached the bathroom, he hesitantly opens the door. he glances at her who keeps her head low, "you can leave. i got business to do, it might take awhile."

"i'm sorry, but i have to keep assisting you until you come back to young master," she said without looking at him. taehyung taps his chin to wonder how to deal with her. not soon after, he grins with a silly idea. he rose her chin up causing her to meet eyes with him. he teases, "i do need assistance while i'm inside the bathroom, does he mind if i borrow you? for maybe.." he rubs her chin causing her to gulp, "an hour?"

her eyes averts away in anxiety. she covers her mouth with her hand under her long sleeve. her face became so red, "m-my deepest apology sir, i cannot entertain guests unless young master told me to. i-i'll be on my way then for respecting your privacy."

taehyung smiled widely, giving her a boxy smile. he then pulls away with a thumbs up, "right! i don't want anyone waiting for me as i take a dump especially by a lady."

she nods in defeat. she fixes her hanbok by pulling the skirt. she says helplessly, "i'll get back to you after 15 minutes-"

"please, make that 60," taehyung begs with his hands together to appear more pleasing. she gulps and says in defeat, "th-thirty minutes, final."

"thank you, miss!" he keeps his smile until she walks pass him to get back to where she was. he was gripping the doorknob of the bathroom but he quickly walk away. his face then quickly returns to his blank expression while he looks around the place. luckily, there aren't so many workers in this old-fashioned house, so it's easy for him to move around. he checks every room, before opening every doors, he have to make sure it's empty.

he was looking for the master's room, namjoon's office at that. he also made sure to remember which way to get back to the bathroom he was dropped by. the old man told him once about this after the silly card game have finished a while back. now, this might be a chance to use against namjoon, not to mention he doesn't let anyone go inside his so-called office. there was a huge two sliding doors beside the end of the hallway. his instinct telling him this was it. he was going to open it when he heard a clicking sound. before he could turn his head, a gun was pointed to his nape.

"what are you planning?" it's no other than the young master's secretary, jung hoseok. the entrusted beta of kim namjoon. he definitely forgot about this dog's existence for a sec. when taehyung was going to raise his arms, hoseok pressed the point of the gun to him more as a warning. he says, "i asked you a question, kim taehyung."