chapter 07

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐒𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐔𝐓𝐋𝐄𝐑

"wae?" the old man asked with his typical furrowed eyebrows, ass rested on the chair, elbows on the surface of his desk, and hands clasped which covers his mouth. yeolyoung just stood infront of her father. he continued, "did something happen that i haven't knew?"

yeolyoung's hands grasp tightened together as she keeps her head low. somehow she might regret having eye contact with him. she said, "wh-what if the beta beside him can't protect oppa- besides mother- !"

her old man suddenly stood up, walk towards the wide glass where the city lights are present. he then started to smoke, "it was your mother's choice to sacrifice herself towards that omega. tell me yeolyoung, you want your fate end the way your mother did?"

yeolyoung gulped down her stucked saliva. she looks at her father fearlessly, "please father, don't mention the person on the grave to my decision, i've thought about it through these years. this is for the sake of the clan to stay the same, am i right?"

the old man sighs, he lit down his cig onto the tray. he then smiled at his daughter, yeolyoung was taken aback when his father easily got swept on her words. he said, "i trust you, yeolyoung. remember what they say; with great power comes great responsibility." (c:spiderman)

seokjin puts down his phone, and look at taehyung who was currently doing his best to take defense from the working men who was acting as his enemy, helping him to improve his skills. seokjin then called, "taehyung!"

taehyung immediately approached him while panting, the men having their break aswell. he smiled at seokjin who gratefully smiled back, ruffling the younger's hair. taehyung whined, "seokjin-hyung, could you stop that?!"

seokjin only grins and then straightening his face, "taehyung." he called the younger with serious tone. he then gestured taehyung to sit down beside him which he did. he ask, "do you want to go out of here and move to a mansion?"

"if hyung comes with me, sure!"

"that's not how it works," seokjin pushed a smil. taehyung's smile faded away, his invisible doggy ears dropped to express his sadness. seokjin asked, "yes or no?"

taehyung crossed his arms and pouted, "without seokjin-hyung, i don't wanna!" seokjin chuckles and ruffle his hair, "whether you like it or not, you'll start to work by yourself from now on."

"eh?!" taehyung with his surprised face that causes seokjin to grin, "your first mission is to protect the princess."

"princess? who- wha- wait, is it the lady from before?!" taehyung's eyes sparkled like stars. seokjin laughs and patted taehyung's shoulders, "yes. it is the 3rd son of min, sir yoongi."

here comes the day, yeolyoung was currently waiting for taehyung who were dramatically hugging his trainer, seokjin only grins at his student. yeolyoung had the permission to get her father's allies as many as possible, but only chose one, which is taehyung. few more minutes then the two-man seperated, "hyung, let's keep on contact!"

taehyung wave his hand like an 11-year old boy in the car, he was at the window. he is beside yeolyoung who ordered the driver to start his driving, the driver drove off. seokjin wave his hand and smiled, he doesn't wanna cry like a mother being proud towards her son who's having the first step by himself. taehyung then got his head in as he close the window, "i heard i'll be seeing yoongi-nim from now on, madame yeolyoung."

"i'm younger than you, and stop with the madame, i'm not in 30s yet." yeolyoung glared at him playfully. taehyung only chuckled and nodded, "i cannot do that since i'm a lower class, yeolyoung-ssi."

jeongguk knocks on the bedroom door, he then entered the wide bedroom, and saw yoongi who was standing to the tall window, curtains apart that gives light in the room, he is probably watching the cars and the strangers move on the road. jeongguk lowers his head, "yeolyoung-nim came, she is with someone."

"someone?" yoongi repeated, and jeongguk nodded. yoongi with curiosity told jeongguk to let them in. after that, they meet face to face at the door's entrance. taehyung smiled at yoongi who quickly looks away to greet his sister. jeongguk looking at the alpha male suspiciously. they got in to the dining room since it's already evening, yoongi told the maids to prepare dinner. now while having dinner, yeolyoung started;

"father gave you a chance," yeolyoung drink the water in the glass. cutting the meat onto her plate as she continued, "so let's not do another mistake."

yoongi smiled at that even though it wasn't a mistake move that time, "thank you, yeolyoung."

taehyung smiled at him. jeongguk still has his eyes on taehyung, watching closely. jeongguk was helping yoongi with his food through dinner, and taehyung kind of felt jealous about it. the dinner was done and yoongi was pushed to agree with yeolyoung for taehyung to stay in their place from now on for more security. since then, whenever taehyung tries to approach yoongi, jeongguk blocks the way.

yoongi is currently having his coffee at the garden. he told taehyung to cut the trees with art which he gladly did so. jeongguk was usually stood beside yoongi. yoongi said in gummy smile, "your coffee never gets old, jeongguk."

jeongguk smiled, "thanks for the lovely compliment, yoongi-ssi." yoongi nodded, and then looks at taehyung who quickly face the leaves and continue to scissor it. yoongi hums, he decided to get back inside. while they were walking past taehyung, the ladder had shaken which causes taehyung to loose his balance and fell onto the ground with grass and leaves in it. the leaves on the ground jumped and flew away as he fall in a loud thud, jeongguk gladly and quickly hooks yoongi out of taehyung's fall that causes his dress to flew away like the leaves. jeongguk ask yoongi who had his head onto the beta's chest, "are you alright?"

yoongi's cheeks turned red and met eyes with taehyung who were between his heels. taehyung widen his eyes and saw what's underneath the dress that yoongi was wearing. yoongi gripped jeongguk's shirt and shakingly tried his best not to shout his lungs out like some kind of a woman would do. jeongguk then realizes the situation. that's where taehyung knew, he fucked up. he hesitantly smiled, "i-i'm sorry?"