chapter 20

𝐀𝐍 𝐈𝐍𝐕𝐈𝐓𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍

taehyung was fixated to his necklace with a pendant of K on his palm. he's having deep thoughts. he had flashbacks about the events happened recently. he's currently sitting down on the grass at the wide, large backyard where yoongi used to always drink his coffee or tea during the day time with jeongguk. he just finished his chores and he decided to rest here for several minutes, but he didn't realized he have been lost in thoughts for almost an hour now; not noticing yoongi's presence who were leaning behind him. he have his hands rested on his knees to support his posture while eyeing the necklace as well. he decided to call the younger this time, "taehyung."

he flinched and looked back with a shock face. yoongi was wearing a dress with frills and of course, cute hair pins on his hair. he pocketed his necklace at the back and looked away, suddenly he became conscious, "sorry.. were you waiting, yoongi-hyung?"

"yeah, let's have lunch together," yoongi said. he glance at the younger's hand behind, "say... about that-" his sentence was cut by a sudden phone call from taehyung, it was inside his front pocket so he pull it out and answer the unknown caller. he looks at yoongi with an apologetic smile and eyes as if signalling a sorry. he greets, "annyeong~ this is taehyung, who's this?"

"hello, good noon," the voice was unfamiliar, so he let the caller continue, "i'm from the kim-sam clan, the young master's secretary. he would like to invite you for a meal, will you consider?"

"a.. huh?" taehyung asked dumbly, he seem confused. he shortly glance at yoongi who seem curious who he was talking to. he furrowed his eyebrows in suspicion, "i don't remember meeting with that kisun clan or whatever."

he then heard noises at the back as if dumping on an object, the caller passed the phone to the other who were smoking his pipe. he grins, "it's kim-sam clan, taehyung."

the new voice of the caller gave taehyung a reaction, he became stiff. the other line was no other than the alpha who has been getting on his nerves ever since he met him back at the odd place made mostly of wood. the speaker didn't receive a response, he then check the phone to see the call was still running, so he continues, "i want to have a pleasant discussion with you.. of course, you can bring your lil' omega along."

"we have nothing to discuss," taehyung said with straightened face.

"don't be cold," the speaker hums. "we've played together and i don't want that bond to end."

"that's bullshit," taehyung spat. not to mention the game was utter shit, it doesn't feel like card game at all, it just feels like child's play. all the more reason the other caller want to see him. he heard the speaker say, "listen. i'm planning to go out and play sport, any sport."

that perks taehyung's interest, "eh? you play sports? like basketball?"

"well, i prefer a relaxed one. golf, chess-"

"you call that sport?" taehyung cut him a question, tilting his head innocently, not knowing the fact he came off offending.

the caller can't help but chuckle, "fine. what do you wanna play?"

"baseball."

"it's settled then," the speaker said. "one more thing, do you remember me?"

"who wouldn't?... namjoon-nim?"

"y'see.. basketball, football, baseball... sports that has team concept are ridiculous. ever wonder how the pro became the top?" he leaned as he grip his bat tightly, "he knows how to win, not to focus on your teammates but the goal itself." he was facing forward fiercely, "those so-called teammates are just in the way or yet a support for his success." he then swing his bat as soon as the ball appeared towards him, "for short, the champion is the most egocentric mofo of all."

"you talk too much, i'm losing focus," taehyung said while yawning. he kept his posture, patiently waiting for the ball to be thrown so he could swing his bat and make a home run as he assumed to. "winner or not, it really depends on how the person achieve his goals."

"such as?"

"keeping your mouth shut while getting the ball to the goal... !" taehyung then swing his bat when the ball was thrown at him. the ball hit higher than before, above the circular shot. namjoon grinned, his smile widening almost reaching his ears. he asks, "what else are you good at, cocky brat?"

"huh?" taehyung stood straight, lowering his bat and then looking at him. he ask innocently, "what makes you think i'm good at something?"

"anything?"

"i'm just someone.. you call resentful," taehyung's aura became gloomy. his eyes becoming shallow, his face darkening as he look at the older who isn't even affected by it. the instinct doesn't bug him even a little bit. both of them know, they are alphas who doesn't like to get one of them get towered by the other. namjoon just get his blazer that was hanging on the side, he managed to tease him, "who hurt you?"

rather than answering that question, taehyung just scratch his nape and put his bat down. he says with helpless boxy-smile, "i heard a lot about you, namjoon-nim. you are someone who spends a lot of cash and fools around the red district." namjoon looks at him boringly as he let him continue with amusement, he points up, "of course, it's not strange to hear your name to be in business industry, you do trades of wine beverages and tobacco."

"that's so sweet of you to know so much about me," namjoon smirked. the both of them got out the area and get to their table to drink water. he asks with rose eyebrows, "anything else that you don't know?"

it was then silent. namjoon grew to like this younger alpha more, he didn't know one day someone will match his interest, it's no doubt the younger will get his so-called revenge soon. not to mention, the young boy doesn't seem like he belongs to this type of place, the clans, illegal shits, and all. nonetheless, he is glad he get to talk more with the younger.

taehyung then placed down his bottle and looked at namjoon with blank expression. he asks with sharp gaze, "why are you selling off female omegas to foreign countries? isn't that human trafficking?"

"damn," instead of getting anxious about that part. namjoon just chuckles and hooks his arm around taehyung's shoulders. he never knew one day, some outsider knows his so-called secret 'side' business. he wonders where he got it from? the min clan is a doubt. the min clan only lasts because of drug trades and of course, their connection. there is no way, taehyung who barely knew about this dark side of the world has connections, he's still a new a guy with no idea of how illegal businesses run. namjoon shook that thought, "you're beginning to get too deep with my information, what's your hidden agenda?"

"hyung, y'know.. just like you, i can be secretive."

"fine, oh-so-mysterious taehyung. it's just part of my past that i can't bury or yet move on to," namjoon then pulls away. he pocketed his hand, "do you know who's my mother?"