chapter 01

𝐁𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐇𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐆𝐈𝐅𝐓

"taetae, sweetie!" a lovely voice called afar for the little boy who was busy catching dragonflies at the flowery backyard. it was his beautiful mother ─ hair color is dirty blonde, her curls dancing with the wind along with her casual sunflower dress, her eyelashes was long making her eyes look mysterious, and her thin, cherry lips that curved perfectly makes her face looks purely beautiful. taehyung ran towards her with a boxy smile, and then attacked her with a hug on the legs. her smile grew wider, "your appa is here and he have something for you."

the 8-year old taehyung beams excitingly, and quickly pulls his mother's hand to get inside the cozy, average yet simple-looking house. the moment he saw his father, he rush his way to jump on him. his father who just removed his coat, carried him, and goes around in circle which causes him to giggle. his father is also a handsome man ─ chocolate brown hair slicked back, eyebrows was thick enough to match his deep black eyes, nose was pointy yet sexy and not to mention, the jaw with perfect shaved beard.

"i missed you too, little man." his father's voice was baritone, and manly just to match his physical appearance, there's no doubt he's a dominant alpha. he put taehyung down and pull out something in his pocket. he hid it with his two large hands, "guess what i got."

"hmm," taehyung looks up and taps his chin to think. his mother just stood there, hands together while watching her husband and son having a bonding. he unsurely asks, "rocks?"

his father chuckles and ruffles his son's hair, "sadly no." since taehyung became a rock collector recently, he was expecting another rock from his father that he got from work, though he only gifted rocks once. his father then opened his fist, taehyung saw a necklace that his father always wear, the pendant is K which means Kim.

taehyung gave his father a big, boxy smile since he knows the reason why his father is giving him the necklace. it's one of the Kim's treasure.. worn by different past Kims from their bloodline who are also alpha men... the necklace was passed by generations. It's the Kim's beliefs to have this necklace for better and strong future.

his mother dramatically agape her mouth, covering it with her slender hands, it seems like she tries not to tear up. he let his father wear it on him. after that, his father pats his shoulder and says in serious tone, "you're now 8 and i know to myself you'll become a great alpha. i gave this necklace to you this early because i'm already satisfied to what i have, you and your lovely mother."

his mother smiled sweetly at them. his father then connected his forehead to his son's, "taehyung, promise me whatever it takes, you'll only disown the necklace when you've reached your destiny. never forget what i said, repeat after me."

taehyung nods, even though he was too young to know all that, he just tries to repeat what his father have said. that's probably the best gift he ever had from his birthdays. not until he reached his 10th birthday, his father who rarely visits them, didn't come home that day. the house was quiet. there were no crowds, food, nor decorations. it was plain like the usual days. he got downstairs, and heard his mother's cry. it was like rain; sad and loud.

he proceeds to step down to hug his mother in the back, she was grabbing the phone onto her ear. she pushed a smile and kissed taehyung's forehead. he doesn't know why but he felt like crying too. he have the feeling that something bad happened that made his mother in a state like this plus his father not showing up sooner. since then, his mother began to be absent-minded, and the house became dull.

months have passed, taehyung got home excitedly and greeted his quiet mom in the kitchen who were sitting on the chair. he pecked her cheek and showed her that [he] his son have amazing exam results. but his mother didn't even budge to look at him neither the scores. on his 13th birthday, his mom seems to be gotten worse and has become extremely underweight. he didn't greet his mom with the usual hugs and kisses, he only puts down his perfect scores on the table where his other old sheets are still there starting to be piled up, obviously not touched. he says in low tone, "mom, my gender identification came and said i was an alpha."

he knew to himself that his father was already dead since on his 10th birthday, his father didn't come home nor call from work, even though his mom doesn't want him to know about his father's death, it was too obvious from her state. now on taehyung's 16th birthday, he saw his mother's head lying on the table's surface, the flies all over her, her eyes open, skin becoming blue, and she wasn't even breathing. taehyung only placed down his new perfect score sheets aside with the others, grabbing the piece of paper from his mom's hand, and goes up the stairs to his bedroom. it was where his father works at, he was working under the Min-Jo Eun Clan. it looks like the place where he'll reach what his father meant back then.. destiny.