chapter 18

𝐎𝐍𝐋𝐘 𝐒𝐎𝐍

"jimin, do you know what you see?" his mother asked sweetly, resting her soft hand on his 11-year old son's head. jimin's half opened eyes was sparkling like the gigantic chandelier that hung up on the ceiling at the middle of the huge room. he saw colorful things; dice, balls, cards, tokens, and mostly the people's different expressions as they hand those things. jimin nodded and smiled, his eyes vanishing. his mother grins, "it's the people's most interesting pleasure of all."

jimin hugged his chimmy stuffed toy. since then, he started to watch and observe the gamble. he grew up in gambling since his mother runs the famous casino in the city. he saw the people's different faces, it was really interesting.

after few months, his identification came and he happened to be an omega. his omega mother never gender-shame him, but just be proud of what he achieved. she also gave him an oversized sweater with his favorite character chimmy. since then, he wears it all the time.

he started gambling at the age of 15. his luck was high that he won alot, raining 'golds' and being idolized around him. his mother was very proud of him, but jimin didn't feel any happiness at all. he thought something is missing, it was making him feel empty.

"gggyaaaaaarghh!!" the man in agony, squirming his limbs that were cuffed on the chair rest, his fingers bled after his nail was plucked. the woman with dark expression kept her cool with a smile, sensing the unpleasant pheromones that the man's spreading out. after the nails are all removed, she looks at the bucket with nails and spits of blood in it. she then place down the tool she used on the equipment's small table beside her, below the table caught her eyes. she pulls it out which causes the crying man widen his eyes in horror, "pl-please, i don't wa-want this anymore."

she caress the shaking man's bruised wrists. it causes to bruise since he was squirming around hoping the cuffs would open (which never did). she says softly, "i told you to stay still, alpha. now you lead me no choice, but to take you more strictly." the man looks at the hammer she's handing in pure distress. the woman grins and gave him a malicious smile as she hammered the back of his palm. jimin stood there, hearing the man's dying screams around the room. his mother let him watch every thing everytime she punishes 'sinful souls' in the room that she entitled diastial box.

after seeing the dead man's hands flat with blood dripping down the floor, his mom stood up and jimin gave her a clean handkerchief. she smiles and pats his head, she then wipe her face with the clean, small clothing. she tells him after every activity, "that jimin, is how we cleanse their sins."

jimin nodded as his mom walks past him. jimin glanced at the man as the maids clean up the mess. he just normally smile with his eyes vanished, quickly tailing his mom out of the room while humming a tune. after closing the door, he saw his mom stood there with serious face but still closed eyes. she ask him, "jimin, how'd you like to transfer in a private academy?"

the butler opened the car's window-door for jimin to get out. jimin with his oversized chimmy sweater, grabs his bag and step on the unfamiliar neat ground. he looks up to see the school he transferred in to. there's huge clock in the middle of the twin building.. a clock tower?

the black car he rode just left. he then march his way inside the gate in with the students. the school bell suddenly rung, signalling students to walk quickly to get to their class, but no single fellow were running, must be a rule not to run, some just seem rushing their steps.

when he got in the main hallway, he looks at the wide screen board. it consists of names but different classes, and then moving to next page. he was confused, he's just trying to find where his classroom is and assumed this board tells which room he is assigned to.

suddenly, a person with heavy scent stood beside him. when jimin turn his head around to see who, she was taller. the lady waves a hand, "cute oversized chimmy sweater, i dig it. i'm lee suae, are you new here?"

"fine! you want me to admit defeat? sure, but all i want to know is why would you do all these just for a single omega who doesn't even give you the slightest interest? there's a lot of omegas in the world, y'know?!" jimin looks desperate.. or frustrated. he was almost like any normal being, expressing his thoughts accordingly. his signature eye-smile and confident high-pitched laughter are absent. he have his knees on the desk, almost climbing on top of the surface.

taehyung stood up off his seat. he answers, "i want you to please accept your lost and end the game, jimin-nim. sorry, but all i could say is that he, the omega yoongi-nim, will be my destiny." he take his bow to the three, "excuse me. i'll take my leave."

"...what?" jimin couldn't puzzle up what the younger just said in that last sentence. "wait, huh...? hey, it's not over yet!"

"how intriguing," is what namjoon could ever respond from all he've witnessed. the crowd then decided to take their leave as well, they seem unrelieved with the last game. mr. han also took his leave. eunjin hesitate to announce the winner, she just try to calm jimin down.

mr. min grunts and left the room along with his men. he didn't even bother to congratulate taehyung, he left without a word. yeolyoung and seokjin then quickly approached him. they look so happy with the full smile in their lips, they were like proud parents, reminds him of his deceased parents. the older praised with a pat on his head and then shaking him from excitement, "you did so good, bud!"

"good job, oppa!" yeolyoung smiled and offer a handshake. he hesitates but just smiled and shook her hand. he slightly bow his head, "just call me tae, yeol-ssi."

the gamble ended just like that. taehyung brought home the money in a secured case. he gotten to the mansion where yoongi was staying. he ask the maid, "excuse me. where's yoongi-nim?"

"at his bedroom, sir. he refuse to eat his meal," the maid said in a worry tone. taehyung nods and let her go to continue her chores. he goes to yoongi's bedroom, opening the door slowly as he enter. the huge room was dim, the curtains were closed. he saw yoongi sitting on his chair while facing the slightly open curtain, eyeing the outside from his tall window.

"yoongi-nim," taehyung calls in a hesitant manner, almost stuttering. the familiar voice called the older, he shoot his head where the voice came from and when he saw the younger, he immediately ran towards him to greet him with a tight, warm hug. taehyung widen his eyes, he was taken aback and his case fell with loud thud on the floor. he calls once again, "yoongi-nim?"

"where were you?" yoongi sounded weak, almost like whimper. he sniffs and then pull himself to wipe off his messed up face. taehyung felt guilty from leaving yoongi alone in a state where he was struggling with the events that happened past few days ago. only he could say, "so-sorry. did you wait long?"

"i've been waiting, you dingleton." his voice was shaking, preparing for another crying session. taehyung can't help but caress the older's cheeks and wipe off his tears. he smiled apologetically, "thanks for being patient, yoongi-ssi. i'm back."

A/N: just a heads up, incase u get confused with me jumping to flashbacks/past of the pov and then to present, that's why i make some gaps to indicate their differences. hope u understand