chapter 13

𝐀𝐋𝐒𝐎 𝐏𝐎𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐕𝐄

"my, my, what do we do now that we have no one to ask for money?"

"looks like this kid will now inherit his father's broken throne starting from now on."

"oh, in such a young age!"

"tsk, i heard his grandparents only agreed to have marriage of his parents for only family background."

"why are we even here in the first place when we don't have him alive anymore?"

"hey, isn't it true that his mom left them with another man? that omega didn't even wait for her husband's funeral!"

"what's this young man going to do in a broke clan since his mother took most of the money?"

"poor child doesn't know anything!"

age of 17, namjoon who is an alpha, now infront of his father's coffin while countless nasty murmurs continue to surround him. he stay in that position, looking down below as usual in his depressed state. alot has been in his mind, one of them are flashbacks.

the happy moments when he was just innocent, and pure. having fun with his family.. but they were only wearing a mask to hide their true self.

before his father pass away, his father confess that; "namjoon-ah, i'm sorry. i already know your eomma is having a secret affair. why did i let her? she is twisted beyond repair."

what he meant about his wife was her having suicidal and murder thoughts, so they made a deal to avoid that. the more he knows, the longer his childhood life is falling apart.

the time before she left with no single trace of her, she let him see her messed up face one last time. she was crying out loud; "your appa only focuses on others! i knew marrying him only makes me suffer every single day in this house! i feel e-empty, and i.. i can't take this anymore, joonie-ah."

namjoon stood up, and look up the gloomy sky as he close his eyes. the murmurs stopped. the wind whispering onto his ears. he mumbles, "both of you two are in fault for not fixing the problem as responsible adults." you both should've beg for my forgiveness before leaving your creation (me).

"namjoon-nim, i'm getting weak." the aged man was kneeling infront of the wooden door of the called young man's bedroom. namjoon was sitting, his elbow resting in his knee. he is facing the only art that mostly covering his wall, it was a painting of a family. the brush used are dark to darker shades which makes it look eerie, bought it from japan. it looks more strangely animated if you stare at it longer. the aged man keeps his head down as a sign of respect, "i brought my only son to replace my position, please consider it."

namjoon is smoking with the traditional smoking pipe, filling his room with smoke. he hums, and massage his forehead. his hanbok was on his shoulders, his father's gift for his 21st birthday. he says, "i told you many times that you have no longer business here since my old man is gone, did i not?"

yes, the aged man was his father's right hand man. as a loyal and promising man, he stays with his old boss' son till he grow up, see him inheriting the clan. the aged man grip his suit, "i'm sorry, namjoon-nim. i want to see how you grow since your father left you with my care here."

namjoon was amused at that sentence, "i'm now at the age of being an adult, you oger." he drops his hanbok, and slides his door open to see the man still in his knees. he lend a hand and smirk, "give me your son, and you may take your rest now."