Chapter 13 New Encounter

"So you're not going to be here for Thanksgiving?" Sean asked Amy while holding a cup of coffee in his hands.

"No, I'll come visit you after the holiday."

Amy asked Dana to take her to Sean's apartment to speak with him about not being in the Thanksgiving dinner. Dana kindly agreed, and told her she would wait for her to take her later to her aunt Beth's house.It was the first time Amy was there since she left, and it felt some how melancholic, since that was her home for almost ten years.

"It's a shame, I was hoping you would be here since Hannah's parents invited us to celebrate with them. You, me and Aunt Beth.They want to have both families together, they mentioned something about creating a bond."

"I'll apologize with Hannah, I'll make it up to her. "

"She'll be glad to hear you call her Hannah. " he said smiling.

"I try, sometimes I  still see her as a former teacher. Not easy, but I do my best. "

"We'll miss you with no doubt, but I hope you have a good time with Connor.Tell him I said hi, and please call me when you arrive. And if anything happens call me."

The siblings gave each other a hug promising to keep in touch. Amy was taken to her aunt's house, feeling excited on how she would see her boyfriend soon.She was already imagining what clothes she would pack. But first she wanted to tell Connor she would be traveling and they would be seeing each other soon. She took her phone and sent him a text.

A: Babe, I can't wait to see you, I have decided to travel to Connecticut. It' will be a a great Thanksgiving.

She didn't expect an inmediate answer as he was probably in class but two minutes later his answer came.

C: That's amazing Sugarpie, i'lIl make sure you have a great time. 

Amy smiled as she read the text message, she would count the days to travel and see him. 

As Dana traveled back home after dropping Amy at her aunt's home all what was in her head was speaking to Jeremy as soon as possible. She hated how their last conversation ended, neither of them knew how long distance was, and it seemed to get into their nerves. As soon as she got inside her home she went upstairs to her room and logged in Skype hoping Jeremy would answer the call. Luckily for her, he did. His  seemed tired, as if he hadn't slept in days. She was crossing fingers he would send her away. 

"Hey." she said in a low voice.

"Hey. "he answered back. "I was about to call you. "

"Really?"

"Really. I want to apologize for my behavior last time we spoke. It was out of place.I'm deeply sorry, it won't happen again."

"It's okay, distance  has gotten the worst of us. Being far away is  a challenge. Are you coming for Thanksgiving? I can't wait to see you."

"Yes, i have my plane ticket ready. Jason offered to buy it if iy didn't have the money. He wants me to share time with his family. "

"And is that okay for you?"

" I don't know, i'm not sure if his family would accept me.It may be an awkard situation. "

"I'm pretty sure Eleanor would love to have you there.And it would be a good idea for Emily and Steve to meet their older brother. "

"That's the thing, they may see me as intruder.I would like to get to know them, but I have no idea if they would accept me. "

"Think about it. And you have my support no matter what. I could go with you if you like. "