Chapter 47 Looking Back

Paige and Amy were at Jeremy's place playing Monopoly while discussing the recent events of their lives. They had invited Dana to come, but she told them she had made previous plans.

"So, all this time it was his twin?" Amy said throwing the dices and moving her figure after Jeremy had shared his encounter with Liam and his sister. 

"Yeah, I felt stupid. And I did see the similarity between them. " Jeremy said while drinking his lemonade. 

"You are not stupid; you were concerned about your friend." Paige said while counting her money and paying Jeremy for being on one of his properties. "Good thing is that is not Jamie and Cersei Lannister relationship. From what you say, they are close but not as the Lannisters." she said snorting.

"Or Danny and Krista from Friends. They were freaky as hell." Amy added as the threw the dices to make her move.

" I remember that episode. Either way he promised he wouldn't tell Dana anything, and I'm glad. Can you imagine how furious she would be if she found out what I did?"

" Chill Jeremy, she'll never know. By the way, I want to tell you something but you have to promise you won't say a word. My dad wanted to ask Victoria to move together."

Jeremy almost choked with his drink when listening to what Paige said. He could barely believe what  she said.

"For real?" he asked after almost choking with his drink.

" Yeah. He told me when I arrived. I told him it's too soon. Besides taking such huge decision affects us too. I told him that whenever we arrived for the holidays, we would need space too."

"You are right, they are still getting to know each other. They are not ready for that step yet." Jeremy added grabbing a biscuit. 

"It's kind of cute your parents are dating. If they get married, you two would become family." Amy said finishing her drink and going to the kitchen for more.

Amy left and didn't notice the surprise and shock face both her friends listened what she said. It was something that never occurred to them. If their parents did marry someday they would become stepsiblings.

Victoria was asked by Jason to meet him in a small cafe, familiar to both of them when they were young. He had invited her several times when they were together, and it caused her certain nostalgia to be back there after that much time. She wondered from all places he could have asked her to meet he had picked that place. Victoria saw him enter wearing a gray suit looking around for her and sat next to her after seeing her waving at him. 

"Hey, how are you?" he asked.

"Good thanks."

"This is the invitation to my dad's Christmas party. He hopes both you can Jeremy can arrive."

Victoria knew he could have just taken it to her house, but decided not to overthink it and just thanked him placing the invitation inside her purse. She noticed he look tired and had dark circles starting to form below his eyes.

"Jason, I know it's not none of my business but are you alright? You seem tired." she asked as the waiter brought her the iced coffee she ordered. Jason asked for a chocolate cake slice. 

"These days have been exhausting. My dad has been pressuring me with a ton of work, I have issues with Eleanor too."

"I'm sorry to hear that. I hope everything gets better."

"Don't be. Sometimes I feel this is my karma for what I did to you and Jeremy." he answered after a long sigh. 

"Why?"

"I abandoned you and Jeremy. That makes me crap."

"That happened a long time ago, you need to stop punishing yourself. Jeremy and I forgave you already."

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure. What?" she said drinking her iced coffee.

"Do you ever think what would have been if we married?"

"Why are you asking all this of a sudden?" she whispered.

"Just curious. Haven't you ever thought of it?"

"After Jeremy was born I hoped you would appear at my door and tell me how you wanted us to be a family and raise Jeremy together. It took me a while but soon I understood it would never happen and I focused on Jeremy."

"Wait, when I went look for you last year you thought..."

"God, no. I remember the morning I read your wedding announcement. That ship sailed a long time ago." she answered shaking her head in denial. 

" I see. Ocasionally I think about it and wonder how different my life would be from now."

"It doesn't matter anymore, and you should stop thinking about it. You have a beautiful family that needs your attention. Just like I have a loving son and boyfriend."

"Is it serious?" 

Victoria was starting to feel uncomfortable with the conversation and excused herself saying she had some errands to do before her work shift. Jason had seemed nostalgic during all conversation, and it confused her. Things couldn't be so terrible with Eleanor for him to be wondering how his life with another woman would have been.

Liam had been painting on his art studio when he received a phone call from Dana, he placed the call on speaker as he continued painting.

"Hey baby, how are you?"

"Pissed. How come you didn't tell me Jeremy spoke with you?"

Liam knew Lindsay had told her, not only he knew they both went out she was the only who he had told about his meeting with Jeremy. It wasn't the first time they were thought to be a couple, and they would always laugh about it. He had told her with that purpose only, just that he didn't think he would open her mouth and tell Dana after he had asked her not to do it. He was pissed.

"Wanna come to my studio so I can explain myself?" he said placing down his paintbrush.

"Fine, I'll be there in ten minutes."

Ten minutes later she had arrived, and he offered her a drink to calm her down. He took one small soda from his icebox and gave it to her.

"So, what happened with my ex? Do you two meet together to compare experiences about me?" she asked while sipping her drink.

"Not at all. He approached me since he believed I was cheating on you with Lindsay."

"What?"

"He saw me twice with her and believed something else. I explained to him that she's my sister and you have met her. Period. But don't get mad at him."

"Why do you defend him?" she asked raising an eyebrow. 

"He was concerned about you, nothing else. That tells me he appreciates you. He's a nice guy."

Dana felt nice listening to her boyfriend express so good about her ex. Jeremy had impressed Liam. She would have never guessed that would have happen.

"That's all what happened?" she asked.

"Nothing else. I swear."

"I believe you. Thanks for explaining me. Sorry for interrupting your work." she said looking at the painting on the easel.

"No worries. I promise that we'll go out during the weekend."

They both kissed goodbye and as soon as Dana left he dialed his sister's phone. She didn't answer, meaning she had drank too much and was asleep. Instead he sent her a text.

You are so dead right now.