Chapter 32 Decisions

"Are you all right? Jeremy asked.

"Yes, I feel better. I'm leaving the hospital tomorrow morning. How about you?" Dana replied while biting a donut she has asked Amy to sneak for her. Amy had left the room when Jeremy's call happened to give them some privacy.

""I'm glad. Be careful, you could still be watched by whoever attacked you."

"I know, I told the police about a black van that seemed to be following me. When I leave this hospital, I'll take self-defense classes, I want to be ready if something happens again."

"That's a good idea."

None of them knew how to continue the conversation due to the awkward silence between them. It was never like this when they dated, yet since they were no longer a couple it was different.

"So, do you have plans for your birthday?" Dana asked. 

"My friends seem to plan something for me, but I have not been that eager to celebrate."

"Why not?"

He felt tempted to tell her the truth, how celebrating without her as his girlfriend, and being away would be a pain, but decided to not say anything since it wouldn't make a difference. She had made his mind on not wanting to be together with him.

"I have been busy with homework and stuff."

"I understand, but you need to relax as well. You can't always be studying. I hope you enjoy what your friends have planned for you."

"Thanks. I gotta go, but it was nice talking to you."

"Same. Bye"

Dana hanged up the call and Amy appeared crossing the door and sat next to her . 

"Are you done talking to Jeremy?"

"Yeah. You should have stayed; Jeremy wouldn't have mind."

"He was wanting to talk with you, not me. It was better that way."

"As you wish. I have thought it would be a good idea that you join me for self-defense, what do you say?"

Before Amy could say something, a guy came inside carrying a get well soon teddy bear and a bouquet of yellow roses, Dana's favorite flowers. Dana's face immediately lighted up when seeing him. 

"Liam, you came!" she said with a huge smile on her face. 

"Sorry for not coming sooner, but I got you this." he said handing her the gifts. "Hello." he said extending his hand to Amy. She shaked it back. This was the guy Dana wouldn't stop talking about. She clearly liked him a lot.

"Amy, Liam. Liam, my BFF Amy." Dana said introducing them.

By judging by her friend's reaction, it was clear to Amy there was more than a friendship between her and Liam, it was a matter of time for them to eventually start dating. They liked each other and it was more than obvious. Amy decided to leave so they could have privacy. She was not in the mood of being a third wheel.

"I have to leave, but it was nice meeting you Liam."

"Same Amy. " he answered politely.

"Am, don't forget what I asked you. Think about it."

"I will. Bye."

She walked outside the hospital thinking in Dana's proposal. It wasn't a bad idea; she never knew when she would be a target for a robbery or a difficult situation. She took her phone to ask for an uber, when from the corner of her eye she saw a black van parked at the other side of the hospital that as soon as she raised her sight it quickly left. It gave her chills, and it made her wonder how Dana's attack was not just a coincidence. Self-defense didn't seem a bad idea at all.