Chapter 37 Thrilling Birthday

Jeremy was pleasantly sleeping on his bed, abruptly being awakened by a horn sound which caused him to fall from his bed. Micah was standing next to him laughing with his phone in his hand. 

"Jerk, I hit myself. And it's six am." Jeremy said looking at his phone from the floor.

"Happy birthday Jeremy. Love you dude, see you later. " he said leaving the room. 

Micah was his friend, but because of these childish pranks he felt like strangling him on his sleep. He debated if going back to bed or not, but his classes would start in an hour, and he thought it was better to get ready. He put on his glasses and checked the notifications he had on his phone. Amy, Paige and Dana had sent him virtual happy birthday cards, all of them colorful with lovely details such as balloons and cakes. He smiled taking his time to answer each one of them. He looked on his drawers what to wear that day, he grabbed a pair of jeans and a grey Aeropostale t-shirt on his bed while he grabbed a towel to take a shower. When he came back to his room he changed and grabbed his books going to class. He decided to give his eyes a rest and wore his glasses instead of his contact lenses. As he got ready he received a phone call from his mom.

"Hey ma, how are you?" he said placing the call on speaker.

"Hello baby, just thrilled my son is turning eighteen and wanting to wish you a happy birthday. I hope I didn't wake you up."

"Not at all, it's good to listen to your voice."

"I'm just sad I'm not spending this birthday with you. And I knew I had to call you early because you are going out with your friends tonight."

"I know ma, but the good thing is Christmas break is coming soon and I'll be back home. We'll update each other."

"I know, can't wait. I won't take more of your time since I know you have classes, but have a great birthday. I love you."

"I love you too, bye ma."

He hanged and went to class feeling good on how his day would go on. When his class finished he felt a pair of hands covering his eyes, being careful not to touch his glasses and by the scent of the perfume he knew it was Jamie. 

"Hey Jamie." he said.

"How did you know it was me?" she asked surprised and walking next to him. 

"I guessed. How are you?"

"Good. Ready for today's plan? How come I didn't know you wear glasses until now? You look different. Not in a bad way, you remind me of Peter Parker with glasses."

"Will you give me a hint about tonight?"

"Nope, but I'll you give you your birthday present."

She took a small box wrapped in blue paper and a red ribbon from her backpack and gave it to him with a kiss on the cheek walking away. He smiled as he touched his cheek seeing her leave. He stuffed the gift in his backpack and walked to his next class. Jeremy had trouble focusing, wanting to know what plans his friends did for him. He received a text from Micah telling him to wear comfortable clothes that night. When he arrived to his dorm Micah was already dressed in jeans, a black t-shirt and sneakers. 

"Ready for your surprise?" Micah asked tying his shoes. 

"Sure, just let me change." 

"Nah, you are good. You just need to wear this." he said showing him a blindfold.

"Please tell me you are not taking me to a strip club or a BDSM club. "Jeremy replied concerned.

"Common Jeremy, what kind of friend would I be if I took you to one of those places?" he made a short pause and continued." However, if you want to, I can take you but not with Jamie present. She would never forgive me."