Chapter 9 Not Giving Up

Stacey Sullivan was an impressive woman, her office walls were full of  magazine covers in which she appeared, just like pictures of the clothes she designed. Paige felt like Andy in "The Devil Wears Prada" being in Miranda Priestly's office, and she just hoped she would not mess anything and cause a good impression on her. 

"Want something to drink?" Stacey asked sitting on her desk.

"I'm good, thanks. " Paige answered sitting down.

" Tell me about yourself, why are you into fashion?" Stacey said placing her hands together showing her perfect manicure.

"It's something I have enjoyed since I was a kid. I would dress my barbie dolls with any clothes I could. When i had the chance I bought my sewing machine and sow my own clothes. "

"Interesting. Dylan told me you are from  Florida, did you bring your sewing machine?"

"No,unfortunately not. I'll ask it to be delivered to me, or when I have a chance I'll buy a new one.I do miss making my own clothes."

"Do you have any favorite designers?"

"Calvin Klein and Vera Wang. Their works inspire me, and I made some of their clothes for myself. "

"Have you seen any of my works? What are your thoughts?"

Paige had no idea if that was a tricky question or not, but she had to be honest not only to Stacey but with herself as well.She did made an investigation about her and looked at her work, but she didn't want to sound to desperate in having the job.  She made a short pause before answering thinking in the best words not trying to sound as a flatterer either.

" I did. I saw your summer collection from last year, I liked the color palette you used. The colors were warm and complimented each other well."

"Thank you. Tell me, how is your class schedule? If I hire you I need to know your availability." 

"Monday to Friday, from eight am to two pm. "

"I see. We can arrange something, I  can have you here from eight to one on Saturdays. Maybe some  Fridays, from  four to eight pm. You deserve to enjoy the weekenda as well. And if its okay for you I can pay you a thousand dollars. "

"For real? You'll give a thousand dollars for five laboring hours?"

"Yes. Want to know why? " 

Paige nodded still surprised from what she heard. She wished she had Jeremy's mind reading ability to find out what this woman was thinking of her. Would be that she was just fooling around with her or testing her? She decided to give her the benefit of the doubt, after if Dylan made her the favor of introducing them she couldn't be a bad person.

"I see myself in you. I see talent and determination in you. With a little bit more of confidence and a little push you can achieve anything you want. "

"Thank you Mrs. Sullivan, I won't dissapoint you. I promise. " 

"Please, call me Stacey.I know you won't. "

Paige shooked her hand saying goodbye to her and walked outside with a huge smile on her face. She took the elevator to the first floor feeling excited, as the door opened she saw Dylan looking at her seated at the reception. He closed the magazine he was reading and stand up as she got closer.

"What did my mom tell you?" he asked with a desperate voice tone. 

"I'm in. " she answered excitedly. He hugged her so tight she felt her cheek against his. She felt safe and his arms and didn't wish it for to end.

"I'm so proud of you, I knew you would do it. If my mom didn't hire you it wouldn't have been a crazy move from her part. "

"Thanks Dylan, I couldn't have made it without you. "

"No problem, that's what friends are for. Right? "

His comment made her wonder if he only saw her as a friend. If that was the case  she was screwed and should give up. What was she supposed to do? She had no answer for him so she just nodded her head.

"Let's go celebrate, I know a place you'll love. " he said placing an arm around her shoulder and walking with her outside.

"Sure. "

She tried to sound happy, she should be as she landed a job with a famous designer, but she questioned if she would be able to win's Dylan's heart as well. She had never been lucky in love and wonder if it would be the same now.

Being inside her aunt's house again was like entering into a new world for Amy. Last time she was there when she was still a kid and Sean turned eighteen, telling Aunt Beth they would leave for good.She would have never expected to come back. The house seemed exactly the same, just for some decoration in the living room. Aunt Beth walked with her to one of the room upstairs, Amy thought she would give her the same room she and Sean shared, but she didn't. 

"You may have Jake's room, it's big and spacious. " she said opening the door and showing her the room. It had a big wooden closet. What intrigued her was if her cousin's clothes was still there.

"Is there any of Jake's stuff here?"

"No, he took everything when he left. Just like Peter and Troy. I hope you feel comfortable. "

"Thanks Aunt Beth, I appreciate you let me stay here. "

"There's nothing to thank, you are my niece. I'll go prepare dinner,is there anything special you would like?"

"No, whatever you prepare is fine by me. Do you want me to help you?"

"No, settle yourself. Or if you need to do any homework use this time. I'll call you when I'm done."

Her aunt left the room and Amy started placing her clothes and shows on the closet. It was something new for her to be there, and wonder if it would take her time to get used to being there. A part of her missed Sean dearly, and wondered if he felt the same. She shook her head and checked her emails if Connor wrote her. Lately they couldn't talk on the phone as Rush Week started and he planned entering Alpha Delta Phi,while struggling with classes at the same time. She had no new messages from him, which surprised her. She grabbed her phone and dialed his number hoping he was not busy and would have time to talk with her. The ohone ringed three times before a femenine voice was heard on the other side of the line.

"Hello?" the girl kept repeating all over again. 

Amy froze. She wanted to say something but she couldn't,all that was in her head is, why was this girl answering her boyfriend's phone? Where was he?