Chapter 46 Reconnected

"it's nice to know you are still playing soccer, you were always doing great at the court." Helen said as she finished the last from her salad. 

"Thanks, but I wasn't that good. And I played mostly for fun. I still do. Would you like to go to one of my games? "

" Sounds fun. Thanks for inviting me."

"Feel free to wear your cheerleader uniform. Would be thrilling."

"Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't have my cheerleader uniform anymore. It reminded me of who I was back then in high school, and I'm not proud of it. I sold it to a costume store."

"I apologize, I was trying to make a joke." he answered with shame on his voice.

" Don't. You didn't say anything wrong. I am trying to be a new person and be nice, polite and be a better version of myself."

"That's really grown up of you. I'm glad I saw you today. I propose a toast."

"We only have water." she answered whispering and looking at the glasses on the table.

"Doesn't matter to new beginnings."  he said raising his glass.

They both clinked their glasses, not noticing that they were being observed. After an hour they left exchanging phone numbers and gave each other a hug.

As soon Paige saw her father, she gave him a huge hug as she carried her small luggage. Every time she saw she felt as if it had been years since the last time, she would see him.

"How was your flight?" he asked walking next to her.

"I felt it short, how are you?"

"Really glad you are here. Are you hungry?"

"We can go for a bite."

Michael helped her get the suitcase inside the car while driving to a Mexican restaurant. They sat down while ordering their drinks and their food. Paige was eager to ask him what he wanted to ask him what he wanted to tell her about Victoria. She was curious on how serious he was with her but decided to wait for him to mention the theme.

"Dad, I need a masculine opinion."

"Sure pumpkin, what is it?" he said sipping his drink.

" I don't have much experience with guys, but why would Jesse not want help from me? I have offered him money to help him, but he seems so proud to take it."

" He might be proud and doesn't feel well taking your money. But it's something respectable from him, it shows how he's not scamming you or taking advantage of you. He wants to do it on his own."

"But I want to support him. He's modeling to pay culinary school and hopes to have his own restaurant someday."

"There are other ways to support, not only financially. After he has a long day, listen to him. Sometimes we just need someone to talk to. It helps a lot after a long day."

"For real?"

"Sure. I help great after talking with Victoria, she tells me all about her day and I do with mine. It's refreshing for both of us. You know, I see a future with her. I have never felt like this, not after your mom. In fact, I am thinking about telling her to move together."

"Dad, don't you think you are rushing?" she said raising an eyebrow.

"Why, you like her. Don't you?" he answered a bit alarmed. 

"I do, and you know Jeremy is my friend. But you have been dating for not too long. And where would you live? In our house?"

"Sure, we have space. You know it."