Chapter 27 The Thief

Amy was on the phone with Dana, checking on their lives and the latter was hoping her friend was feeling better after her breakup with Connor. She knew by experience breakups were tough and was hoping her friend would feel well.

" Want to come to my house? We can watch a movie, while we get a mani pedi. I got new nail polish. "

"Sounds great, I'll arrive soon."

Fifteen minutes later she was Dana's house, who directed her to her own room, where cushions were placed on the floor, with several nail polishes lined next to two bowls of snacks containing popcorn, chips and almonds.

"What movie do you want to watch?" Dana asked grabbing a remote control.

"Anything is fine by me. "

Both girls watched a scary movie, getting startled occasionally but nothing serious. Those moments for both of them were tendering and bonding their friendship even more.

" I'm seeing Sean today for dinner." Amy said after taking a sip of her drink.

"That's great, he must be excited because of the wedding."

Something in Amy's stomach made her nauseous. Not the food but knowing how her brother was about to say "I Do" while she was still dealing with her breakup was harder that she thought.

" Have you spoken with Connor?" Dana asked pausing the movie.

" He sent me messages, but I don't know what to say to him."

"Am, are you sure about this breakup? You seem really affected." Dana said turning to her friend.

Amy sighed. She couldn't stop and remember all the lovely moments they shared together: their first kiss at the Valentine's Day Dance, watching stars together, camping at the beach, going to prom together. It hurt her not to be with him anymore, even more than her breakup with Jonah, and when it happened, she felt devastated. She was unsure how long it would take her to recover. 

" I just never thought I would break up with him, I thought we would last."

"Why don't you try calling him? Maybe you can still make it work. "

"Now?"

"I would, but it's your choice."

She grabbed her phone and called him, it rang like four times before someone answered, but it wasn't Connor. Just like last time, it was Gaby's voice she heard on the other side. What was with her answering Connor's phone? Was it a habit of hers now?

"Hello?"

"Hi Gaby,it's Amy.  Can you please give the phone to Connor? I need to speak to him."

"He went out to buy some stuff with his friends and left his phone at the fraternity house."

"And why are you there then?" she asked trying to stay calm. 

"I was helping them plan a party tomorrow night. All the campus is invited. Do you want me to give him a message?"

" Please tell him to call me. "

" I will. Bye. "

"Who were you talking to?" Dana asked after seeing her friend frown. 

" A friend of Connor called Gabby. She just gives me bad vibes. It's the second time already I call him, and she she's the friend he visited the day I left."

"Is she his receptionist now? " Dana said snorting. "Ignore her, you are about to see Sean and ask him  how the wedding plans are going. "

"You are right. " Amy answered texting her brother. She would see him and offer her help if they needed something. Besides her brother was someone he could always ask for advice.