Chapter 48 Perfect Stranger

Liam was impatiently waiting for his sister to arrive, tapping his feet against the floor hoping to understand why she had told Dana his conversation with Jeremy. He saw her enter the restaurant and sat next to him. She was clearly nervous, because she knew she messed up. 

"Hey, did you order already?" she asked placing her purse on the chair next to her. 

"Yeah, I ordered for both of us. Now, can you please tell me why you told Dana about the talk I had with Jeremy when I asked you not to do it?"

" I drank too much, and you know what happens when I do. It wasn't on purpose." she answered playing with her hair. 

"Liar!" he exclaimed. 

"I'm not lying, don't call me that."

"You always touch your hair when you are lying. Why the hell did you tell her?" 

The waiter refilled Liam's drink and brought a glass of water for Lindsay. 

"It's not a lie that I drank, I almost had a whole bottle of whiskey last night. It just came out when she mentioned how wonderful you were to her and it came to my head our conversation, to show her how understanding you are."

"You are doing it again. that thing with your hair." he said crossing his arms. 

"Fuck!" she said placing her hands down on the table. 

"What are you hiding from me? Speak with the truth, for god's sake. I'm your brother."

"Fine. I don't like Dana." she blurted out almost startling the waiter who was bringing their food.

"Why not?" he asked as soon as they were alone again.

"I think she's too problematic, you told me how she caused a drama over painting Cassie on your art studio without even asking. And if her ex is going around looking for you it might be because he's still not over her, and it will cause you issues."

"Linds, when I share stuff with you is because I need to tell to take things out from my chest. You know Mom and Dad aren't as understanding with me as I wish they were. You are my twin, and I trust you because of that."

"I just still don't think she's good for you."

"Fine, but you speak things me, not using the information I tell you to use it against my relationship."

"So you want me to fake a smile with Dana even if I don't like her?"

"No, but it would be nice for you to make an effort to like her, or at least get to know her more. I have always been supportive with your relationships. I took the blame when Charles grabbed you by the arm and left the mark on you, and you know Mom and Dad were pissed at me. You know that very well. And I didn't smash his face because you asked me not to. So a little support from you in my relationship would be appreciated since I have always had your back." 

"You are right, I'm sorry. It won't happen again." she said grabbing her fork and started eating the vegetables on her plate.

"Thanks." he did doing the same observing her body language if she was really being honest. He loved his twin, but sometimes she seemed determined to not make it easy for him. 

Jeremy was getting ready for the Christmas party he was going to attend with his mom. He chose to wear a black suit and decided to wear his glasses instead of his contact lenses. His mom knocked the door, and she saw her wearing a red long dress that matched her hair. 

"How do I look?" she asked. 

"Gorgeous as usual, why?" he asked facing to see her. 

"I guess I'm bit nervous about seeing your grandpa after all these years."