Chapter 16 Belle Of The Ball

Paige was making her best effort to finish one of her sketches, it was a long tail dress with some flower details on the back, but as much as she tried it was as if her inspiration left her. Her conversation with Dylan would not leave her head. As much as she knew she had no chance with him, she still considered him a friend and wanted him to be happy, just like Amy, Jeremy or Dana. However at the same she had no wish to get involved with the family drama. Her phone started ringing and she saw it was Jesse.

"Hello Jesse."

"Hi, feeling hungry? I would like to take you out on a cool place I like. By the way, you are not vegan or vegetarian, right?If you are I would have to change plans."

She felt like laughing with his question, but actually he was quite considerate to ask her about her eating habits. And somehow as if her stomach heard her talking about food it made a soft rumble.

"No, I'm not vegan or vegetarian. And yeah, i could eat something right now."

"Where are you right now? I'll pick you up. "

Fifteen minutes later Jesse appeared on a black jeep stopping it in front her removing the car secure so she could get inside.

" Hello, nice ride." she said buckling her seat belt.

"Thanks, I had it fixed with my father when i was fifteen. Since then i have had it."

" It's lovely. So, where are we going? "

"It's a place called Saucy, it's a buffet restaurant with different types of meats.I think you'll like it."

They arrived at the restaurant, and Paige inmediately felt the odor of the food and she felt her mouth watering.Paige wanted to pay her part but he insisted it was his treat. She grabbed a plate and serve herself some chicken, corn and vegetables. She served herself some coke on the drinks machine and sat next to Jesse.

"Bon appetit, feel free to grab as many times as you wish."

"Thank you." she said cutting a piece of chicken and popping it inside her mouth.

"By the way, at what time is the dinner with Stacey? I'll pick you up early. "

"At seven. "

Her voice tone sounded tired, which was not her intention. Jesse inmediately knew something was wrong.

"I thought you would be more excited about the dinner, is everything okay?"

"Yes. No. I don't know. " she said sighing and placing her fork down.

"What is it? You can talk to me, if I can help you with something I will. " he said grabbing a napking and cleaning his mouth.

" A friend of mine asked me a favor, and I do want to help him. But if I do, I feel I'm getting involved in a drama that doesn't concerns me at all."

"Let me guess, it has to do with Stacey." Jesse said placing his hands together.

"Yes, how did you know?"

" I had a feeling. Paige, if you don't feel comfortable doing that favor feel free to say no. No one can force you to do something you don't want to do. "

"Its just, I like to help my friends. I have not been the type of person who has popular and with lots of friends. I try to be close to them. "

"Saying no does not make you a bad person. Sometimes in life is good to be somehow selfish, you can't always prioritize other people and not yourself. And so you know, I'm your friend. And i have your back. Always."

Talking with Jesse helped Paige take off her shoulders the pressure she felt. He was right, she cared about Dylan but she didn't want to risk her relationship with Stacey, and she had the feeling it would if she got involved in the drama.