Chapter 15 Helpful Friend

Dana was looking for her nicest clothes to wear for her date with Jeremy. She saw some nice dresses online, and ordered a short light pink  dress with white polka dots and v line on the front and short sleeves. She was finishing her makeup and using her curler on her hair, wanting to look different from her usual self. She turned on her laptop and logged in Skype waiting for Jeremy to log in as she finished placing the veggie lasagna her mother prepared earlier. She waited ten minutes but she still saw no sign of Jeremy, was he having connection issues? She dialed his number hoping it was nothing too serious.

"Hey, is everything all right? " she asked when he answered.

"Yeah, why?" he asked surprised.

"I'm waiting for you to get connected, are you still getting ready?If you need more time tell me, I have no problem waiting."

 Dana heard him whisper "fuck", and inmediately knew something was wrong,  which was the only thing that never crossed her mind.

"You forgot about our date right? I can't believe it, Jeremy. " Dana said trying to sound calm but on her inside she was furious. Their date was everything that was on her head all that week, trying to do her best so it would be perfect for both, but apparently he had better stuff to think of.

"I'm sorry Dana, I have been busy with the classes, it totally slipped my mind. "

" Hey, Jamie says she's at the restaurant already. We need to hurry. I'll be downstairs looking for a cab. Hurry up."

It was a masculine voice the one that said that and a door was shut after that.

"So you are going out with Jamie tonight. Fascinating. " Dana said sarcastically.

"It's not what you think. It's her birthday, and it's not only me. There will be other friends too.She's my friend, you know it. "

"And that's  supposed to make me feel better? That  my boyfriend prefers to hang out with a friend than me?I love how your priorities are settled, Jeremy."

"Dana, it's not like that..."

"You know what, forget it. Go celebrate with Jamie, she'll be upset if you are late and it's clear you don't want that to happen."

Dana hanged up the phone and threw it angrily at her bed. She felt angry and dissapointed at Jeremy, who callled her inmediately but decided to  ignore him. She was going to call Amy to tell her everything that happened, but stopped thinking on how excited she was on visiting Connor, and would make it rain on her parade. She then looked for Paige's number and dialed hoping she was not busy or asleep.

"Hey Dana, what's up?" Paige answered sounding as if  something was on her mouth . 

"I hope I didn't call on a bad moment."

"Not at all. I'm just eating some raisin cookies while I read a new book. "

"What are you reading?"

"The Duke and I by Julia Quinn. "

"Is it good?"

"Yeah, and i'm more curious as it inspired the Netflix  show Bridgerton. But i know you didn't call me to know what I'm doing. Is everything okay?"

"I need someone to talk to, if it's okay with you."

"I'm all ears.What is it?"

"I had a fight with a Jeremy. We agreed on a date tonight, and instead he made plans to go out with a friend of his.He said it's not only  him and her, other people were invited as well. I just think he prefers that girl over me. I keep  trying to convince myself we can make it work but i'm not so sure. I feel it would be better if we broke up."