Chapter 18 X-effect

Jeremy was laying down on his dorm room looking at the roof, deeply saddened over his breakup with Dana. He had barely eaten and slept less hours, confused and not knowing what to do. Micah tried several times to cheer him up, but to no avail. An hour before he told Jeremy to come with him to the movies and his friend declined. His phone started ringing and he grabbed it happily thinking it would be Dana, but instead the screen read Paige's name.

"Hi Paige. " he said almost in a whisper. 

"Hey Jeremy, how are you? Sorry, that's a stupid question. I want to check on you, I heard about you and Dana. "

"It has been rough days for sure. Thanks for calling me, I guessed you would be pissed at me. You know, girls are supportive with each other. "

"Dana is my friend, and so are you. Amy is not upset with you either, she has been comforting Dana lately but she will call you too when she has a chance. "

"She told you that?"

"No, but I know her. She was the one who told me after all. " 

"Thanks Paige, it still so hard to think Dana and I are no longer together. It never came to my head the thought that we could break up.But I want to know, how have you been? Something new in your life? "

" I'm quite lucky to work with a fashion designer, whose son introduced me to her. And I made the huge mistake of having a crush on him. "

"Why? Is he gay?"

She couldn't help laugh.

"I wished. No, he has a girlfriend.And his mother doesn't like her. And they were asking me for help. You can guess how uncomfortable that."

"Don't worry, any guy would be lucky  to date you. You just haven't met him yet."

Paige couldn't explain why, but Jesse's face inmediately popped in her head, smiling at her making her feel blushed. Her thoughts were interrupted by  Jeremy.

"Anyway, are you coming for Thanksgiving? It would be nice to see you."

"Yeah, I will. I miss you guys and my dad, and he was been talking on how he met an awesome woman and wants me to meet her. He has been talking about her a lot. "

"You mean it? My mom has been talking as well about a guy she met. She told me he has a daughter our age."

"Funny, huh? How your mom and my dad are dating now. I'm happy for him, I just hope it's someone nice."

"Same, the last time my mom dated a guy he turned out to be an idiot. She assured me he's a decent guy. "

"Good thing you can read minds, that way you can be sure if he has no dark motives."

"I guess the mind reading ability has its perks. What about you? Will you go Static Shock around her if she's not treating your dad nicely?"

"I hope I don't have to, but maybe I'll electrocute her a bit if i have my suspicions about her. "

They both laughed for a while before continuing the conversation. Jeremy said goodbye to Paige promising to call her later. He went to bed hoping the pain he felt would eventually fade.A part of him wanted to call Dana, just to listen her voice, but it would be too much. Maybe it would be better to give her some space and he would be able to convince her to give themselves another chance.

Amy was being taken to the airport by her aunt, she had been waiting for this day excitedly. She was eager to see Connor, being able to kiss him and hug him.She felt guilty somehow for leaving Dana alone, knowing how she felt after her breakup with Jeremy. 

"Is everything okay? I thought you would be happier knowing you'll see your boyfriend." Aunt Beth said looking at her niece shortly before focusing on the road again. 

"I am excited. " Amy answered quickly. 

"But?"

"There is no but."

"You can't feel fool me dear, your mom also had that same troubled face you are trying to hide when she was upset.Is something bothering you?"

"Two of my friends were dating and they broke up. They had a long distance relationship. "

"And that makes you insecure about you and Connor?"

"It does. I can't help wonder if that will happen to us too. I know it's not correct, but it scares me, because I love him."

" Don't let that get in your head, I understand your position, i do. But you can't poison yourself like that, it will eventually destroy you and your relationship. Just try to enjoy this time with your boyfriend. What happened to your friends is  indeed sad, but that doesn't mean that will happen to you. Long distance relationships require a bit more effort and communication from the parts, but some couples manage to do it. My parents did it, it's a lovely history. When you come back I'll share it with you. "

"I would love to hear it, thanks. "

Aunt Beth parked the car and walked with Amy to the airport where she did her check -in. She also insisted in her having a meal before she left and invited for a burger and fries on a restaurant inside the airport.As she saw Amy eat she saw how her niece's expression and it made her happy. She was hoping the trip would help Amy feel more confident. Amy said goodbye to her aunt and walked through the  gate hoping for her plane flight to be called. To entertain herself for a bit she took her phone and played one of her games.

"Hey Amy, long time no see. I had no idea i would see you here. "

Amy raised her sight from her phone and saw Jonah, her ex standing front of her.He was wearing a black tshirt with a soccerball on it, a dark blue jean and his characteristic black boots.She remembered seeing him several times with them on when they were still dating. 

"Hi Jonah, what a surprise. " she said with a short smile.

"I know right, I never expected to see you here. Mind if I sit next to you?"