Chapter 42 Love Is In The Air

The kiss made Paige felt as if time stopped, she had kissed Jesse before, but this time it felt like a real kiss. They felt breathless and separated. 

"So, does this means we are official?" He asked grabbing her hand. 

"Yes, I would love it. Thanks for being so patient with me. I was unsure on how I felt about you."

"No worries, are you hungry? We can go grab something to eat and celebrate."

"Sounds great."

They both went to his car and placed on their seat belts.

"Could you just give me a minute? I just want to text Tracey and tell her not to wait for me.I don't want her to think I gave her any false hope." he asked taking his cellphone out from his pocket.

"No problem."

She took her phone out too and sent two text messages, one to her father and the other one to the group chat she had with her friends. 

Dad, I know it's late, but I wanted to share with you I have a boyfriend. His name is Jesse. I'll tell you everything soon.

Guys, I'm dating now. He's an awesome guy, his name is Jesse. I'll send you a picture for you to know him.

They both put on away their phones and drove away.

Jeremy went with Jamie to the movies after classes on Monday, they wanted to get distracted from their duties and just relax. 

"So, what do you feel like watching?" Jamie said looking at the movie board.

"I feel like watching anything, what about you?"

"Same. You buy the tickets; I'll buy popcorn and refreshments."

"Jeremy bought tickets for a movie called " The Family Secret", it seemed to be thriller and he decided for it since there was a romantic movie but buying tickets for it could give the wrong idea. He did like her and could see him dating her but didn't want to rush anything.

They sat in the middle seats of the movie theater, and soon the lights turned off indicating the movie was starting. Jeremy was enjoying his popcorn and soda when he heard Jamie's thoughts.

"Damn. I forgot my jacket and it got cold." She said rubbing her arms.

 "Hey, I see you shaking. Take my jacket." Jeremy said taking it off and offering it to her. 

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, go ahead and wear it."

"Thanks."

Amy and Paige would occasionally tell him how they would like to read other people's minds, but it was uncomfortable for him since he felt he was invading people's privacy. It was certainly interesting somehow, but it could be a dangerous weapon as well. He felt his phone vibrating, and it was a text message from Micah.

M: Hey, have you kissed her already?

Jeremy excused himself and went out to call Micah. He couldn't believe Micah was texting him that. 

"So, did you kiss her? How was it?"

"Micah, you are a jerk. We are going out as friends."

"So what? Every love story starts with a friendship, not like the Romeo and Juliet crap. That's unreal and foolish."

"I am taking things slow; I don't want to rush. And she's okay with that."

"As you wish, but don't take things too slow or she might lose interest."