Chapter 33 Mending Mistakes

Paige was waiting her turn on the bank, while she did, she kept looking at Dylan's text. Why of a sudden had he wanted to go out with her? He made it clear since they met, he only saw her as a friend. Had he changed his mind? She decided she was overthinking too much and just decided to let it go. 

P:Sorry, got plans already. Rain check?

When it was her turn, she asked the cashier to cash the check, and after counting she got inside Jesse's car. She gave him his part and stuffed hers in her purse.

"Wow, you are giving me half? We agreed you would have three thousand." He said counting the money. 

"Just take it Jesse, please."

"Fine, thanks. I'll repay somehow. Where do you want to go now?

"I feel like having some coffee and cake. Do you know a good coffee shop?"

"I know the place." he said starting his car and driving away. 

He parked at a small coffee shop where the waitress took their order. She looked around, and even though it wasn't that big it was certainly a lovely place. It had different plants as decoration, paintings or quotes by famous people hanged on the wall. What really caught her attention was the shelf on a corner containing several books, certainly something interesting for someone who enjoyed reading together with a cup of coffee. 

"How did you get to know this place?" she asked drinking her latte when it was brought.

"I just found it by coincidence, I was driving after a job, and I got inside. The rest is history."

"Are you a regular client? The waitress seemed to know you."

"Whenever I have the chance I come. I wanted to ask you, have you considered Parsons?"

She knew he meant Parsons School of Designs, whose students are designers, artists and scholars that were challenged to be creative and innovators. Paige was about to answer when her phone indicated her that she had a text message. It was Dylan's response.

D: Ok.Just let me know when you are free. See ya.

It surprised her that he was being so insistent, it was the first time he was acting this way. Jesse noticed something was distracting her.

"Is everything all right? Does Stacey need you? If that's the case, I can take you. " he said taking out his credit card and looking around for the waitress. 

"No, not all." she said placing her phone aside. " Why are you asking me about Parsons?"

"I just think it would be a great place for you. I honestly think you have the talent to be a fashion designer, and Parsons could help you reach it."

"I have heard about it, but it always seemed to me it's harder to get into Parsons than an Ivy League School."

"Just think about, I was reading the requirements to apply and you would need a recommendation letter from a professor. You can easily get one, or even have Stacey recommend you. You need to submit your portfolio, which you already have. And write an essay, which I know you would rock. Read it here." 

He passed her his phone so she could read the information. It touched her how much he cared about her and was interested in her future. He was indeed a special guy. 

"Just think about, you don't have to give me an answer now. I'm just saying you could consider it."

"Thanks, I will."

She was thankful that he was a part of her life and was crossing fingers nothing would change it.