Chapter 5 Fight

Two days passed since the party in Paige met Dylan,and  before saying their goodbyes they exchanged phone numbers promising to keep in touch. She was wanting to speak to him and wondered if it would be to bold to call him first, as she had no experience with guys.She wasn't wanting to fantasize about them getting married, as he was probably just being friendly and nothing else. As she was going out of her last class and walking back to her dorm, her phone beeped indicating a text message from Dylan.

D: Are you free tonight? I want to ask you to dinner.

His invitation made her heart beat faster. She wanted to accept as well, but just like her friends told her once it was never good for a woman to show herself desperate.So she tried to sound as normal as she could.

P: Sounds fun. Where?

D: At a pizzeria i know, you'll love it. Wait for me at the  oak tree at six.

Paige was trying to look on her closet what to wear, she regretted not having her sewing machine or money to go shopping for new clothes, maybe she could ask her father to deposit her some money for her to have for any needs. She decided to wear a white dress with black polka dots matching it with her white sneakers. Paige walked to the oak tree where Dylan was waiting for her. He was wearing dark blue jeans, black shoes and a black shirt. 

"Hi. " she said.

"You look stunning tonight." he said with a smile that would make Paige melt.

"Thanks, you look good too. " she answered with a short smile.

"Ready to taste one of the best pizzas ever?"

"Sure. "

They walked together to his car, black Jeep. As she buckled her seat belt she started praying hoping the night would end well and nothing wrong would happen.Paige knew it was no date, but hopefully he would be something else for her in the future.

" So how have you been? Busy?" Dana asked on the phone as she was getting dressed for an art exhibition she heard about at the campus. She was willing to go with Amy but she had a dinner that night with her brother and aunt.She was almost done, just finishing her makeup. She missed going to the poetry readings, but most members had no time to prepare meetings since they started college as well, and even though art was not her thing she enjoyed assisting to culture events. It was an activity from the Academy of Art University.

"Pretty good, with lots of assignments as usual but I'm getting used to. What about you?" he said paying for the pizza he intended to buy and walking back to his dorm.

Dana was about to answer when she heard a feminine voice talking to Jeremy, who was answering to whoever that girl was. After a minute or two Jeremy spoke back to her. 

"Hello Dana, are you still there? Sorry for what before, a friend of mine approached me and invited me to a small reunion tomorrow. "

"Is it Micah?" she asked wanting to know what he would answer as she placed on some perfume.

" No, her name is Jamie. Haven't I told you about her?"

"No, what's her last name?" Dana asked curious as her boyfriend never mentioned this  girl and it alarmed somehow.

"Evans. She's nice, you would like her too. "

The name Jamie Evans was memorized by Dana, who wondered how close she was to Jeremy.She shooked her head and told herself to trust Jeremy, if he said she was a friend she had to trust him. Dana said goodbye to him placing on her shoes and walking to her car. She arrived to the Art Gallery where some waiters were offering champagne and small entries. Dana walked around the rooms looking around at the paintings, when one of them caught her eye.It was one of a boy, between eight and ten years old who seemed to be lost judging by his look, making Dana wonder what was in his head. He was wearing a blue and white stripped shirt with some paint marks on it, as he had been painting and got stains on his clothes.