48

y/n pov:

i was leaving lunch and i had to sit with ale and mel. no one knew what happened to tia and kai, they just got walked to the office. i'm guessing they got suspended.

y/n: when are you gonna ask her out i said
a: when i feel like it
m: and when is that?
a: you want to be my girlfriend?
m: yeah at some point
a: okay okay don't rush it, just gotta take time
m: yeah i guess

ale just chuckled and gave her a kiss. i barfed almost. sitting with them was worst than sitting with alvaro and roshaun, they are loud and have eating completions all the time. it's disgusting the way they shove food in there mouth. mel and ale we're just so cringey together i don't know why.

after lunch was over i headed to my last class, it was near the doors that was easiest to skip. i looked around to see if there were hall monitors and there weren't. i just headed out the doors in a rush and jogged to the football field, it was the fastest way to get out of sight from the school.

once i got near the football field i went up the bleachers so i could just chill there. as i was up there and sitting down watching hulu on my phone i looked down the bleachers to see a body laying on the field. i was confused. i left my bag and went down to check who it was.

when i went up to the person they sat up. it was kai. he had his hoodie on and his eyes widened. he had a little cut on his lip from the fight.

"what are you doing here?" he said.

"i should ask you the same thing." i said sitting next to him.

he didn't say anything after that.

"why'd you stand me up?" he asked looking at me.

"what?" i asked confused.

"yesterday. starbucks." he said.

"what are you talking about?" i asked.

"we were supposed to meet there and study for world history remember." he said confused.

"oh my god i must've forgot." i said feeling bad.

"oh... it's fine." he said looking down.

"um.. what happened with you and mattia?" i asked.

"i thought he told you to stop being friends with me." he said.

"no never." i said.

"why have you been ghosting me?" he said.

"whatttt? ghosting you? pfft i haven't." i said scoffing and getting up.

he got up and stood in front of me.

"yes you have, why?" he asked looking at me with a serious gaze.

"i haven't been g-" i paused when i realized how baggy his hoodie is, more than usual.

"you look skinny." i said.

"thanks?" he said caught off guard.

"no like a bad skinny. are you okay?" i said.

"yeah i'm fine.." he said looking away.