7

y/n pov:

we got to mcdonalds and sat at a table, kairi offered to order and pay for everyone which was really nice. once he asked what i wanted i froze, me and my family haven't been to mcdonalds in forever honestly. a couple months. i had a blank stare, so i just asked if i could go with him and look at the menu. kairi agreed and alejandro gave me a glare, but whatever my life so.

me and him walked up to the front, we stood a little in the back. we didn't want people to be confused in we were in like or not. kairi just stood there while i looked at the menu. i finally decided what to get.

y/n: okay i got it.
k: ight what is it.
y/n: the strawberry banana smoothie with the oatmeal.
kairi gave me a weird face
i look at him confused
k: what's up with you and alejandro not eating
he chuckled
y/n: what do you mean??
k: yeah he wants a salad, you want oatmeal. we're at mcdonald's guys.
y/n: whoops, what are you getting?
k: uh probably the same thing as mattia.
y/n: which is?
k: big mac and fries
y/n: i see.
k: come on let's go order.

me and him walk up to the line, two minutes later we step up.

k: oh hey lydia
l: oh hi kai☺️
k: um the usual for me and mattia, then can i get a water, a strawberry banana smoothie, oatmeal, and a salad?
l: oh yes of course young man
kairi smiles
l: okay swipe your card here

he was nice enough to order and pay, so i decided why not pay. i grabbed my debit card and attempted to put it in the electronic the worker told us too swipe our card in, kairi slapped it. my debit card fell on the floor, he looked at me and put his debit card in.

k: too slow.
i looked at him, jaw dropped. shocked he would hit my card out my hands.
y/n: omg i was going to pay.
k: i told you guys i got it.
y/n: well you're nice.
k: mhm i try, well-

we both go to grab my card and hit each other's head.

k: ah shit
* hands my card *
y/n: thanks
kairi rubs my head while he's rubbing his
k: you okay?
he laughed
y/n: yeah thanks.

me and kairi stood to the side, waiting for the order number to be called.

alejandro pov:

did they just, laugh together.
why is he rubbing her head.
oh, wow.
i can't.
why.
just, why.

i watch them and start losing my focus on mattia talking. mattia slapped my hand, i look at him.

a: hm?
m: you good?
a: yeah why?
m: you seemed kinda idk out of it.
a: oh, uh nah my bad just hungry.
m: yeah and i don't think a salad is gonna fill you up.
a: it will, trust.
m: hm, i see. so who's that girl you brought along?
a: her? *points at y/n*
m: yeah who else?
a: oh that's my sister.
m: oh really?
a: yeah.
m: oh.
a: do we not look alike??
m: mm idk kinda? like sort of.
a: oh i see, yeah so don't try it she's off limits.
m: kairi too right?
a: yeah all of you.
m laughs
m: i'm kidding i'm kidding i'm just busting your balls.
a: mhm.
m: you've had to fight off guys before?
a: well sorta, not too many because she's anti & shy but hopefully that stops because nothing happens that way.
m: what do you mean?
a: like she doesn't get invited to stuff when i always did you know? i just don't want her to feel left out , new state so fresh start.

kairi and my sister came over carrying the food, and placed it down on the table. kairi was sitting by mattia, so good. mattia stared at y/n's food, i noticed. he then looked at kairi and looked back at it.

mattia and kairi laughed.

a: what's funny?
m: idk you guys eat like really healthy.
a: oh?
k: yeah nothing serious, we're just hm.
m: not used too it, we all eat like junk food and shit.
k: lemme ask you this, if we went to red robin you're gonna order a salad.
a: well no.
m: so you just being a hater to mcdonald's.
a: well like this is greasy fat food, red robin has like protein.
m and k: ?
a: chicken...?
m and k: ohh.
a: yeahhh.
k: oh i saw lydia.
m: aw shit fr?
k: yeah.
a: who's that?
k: oh she's some old lady me and the boys know because ever since like 6th grade we'd be at this mcdonald's a lot after soccer and she kinda just knows us and we know her, yk?
y/n: ohh cool, you guys play soccer?
m: yeah, do you?
y/n: mm sort of.

i look at her like "this bitch"

a: yeah in her dreams
m and k laugh
y/n: no seriously, i'm just not GOOD at it.
m: i can teach you.
y/n: hm cool.

i kinda just want this day to be over, not to be overprotective brother but i don't know what my friends intentions are. too be a friend or more than that with her yk?

and like i said i don't need one of them dating just to break up and have drama within the group, ya know.

it's 7:55 pm

i asked kairi if he can drop me and y/n off. he said yeah, of course. we threw away our trash and headed outside. we went in the car and started heading back to my house.

8:00 pm

we got to my house, finally. we all got out the car, i shook the boy's up and told them i'll text them over the week. y/n waved bye and so did they. i watched kairi drive off with mattia, then i headed in my house.