33 ☑️

Hey guys, new chapter is here. I hope you'll like it :)

A bit of violence ahead... I will put some sign before and after

____________________________________

They got to the mall relatively quickly. Thankfully nobody stopped them to talk to the missing boy. That was about to change and Jessie noticed it as soon as they walked into the mall and multiple heads turned to them. He felt a bit threatened so his hand went to his knife.

Abia squeezed his hand. "That little friend is staying right where it is." She whispered to him. He looked at her with smile. "You little pig." She laughed.

He chuckled. "Thank you."

Kimy rolled her eyes. "What first? Shirts or food?" She looked at them.

Jessie shrugged. "I think that depends on hungry you all are." He looked at Helen and then at back at Kimy.

"How about we eat first? It's easier to think with full stomach." Helen shrugged. "But if you want new shirts first, I have nothing against that."

"How about this - we go pick new shirt and you can go find us some good place. If you want, you can order something good." Jessie suggested. He earned three nods and they went their separate ways to look for what each couple was meant to find.

Helen looked at Kimy. "He seemed oddly okay. I expected something else considering that he was supposed to have a fight today or yesterday or something like that."

Kimy nodded. "Abia said that his mind needs to get to the point where he realizes what happened or something like that." She shrugged. As they walked around looking for the right spot, they noticed Linny few meters away from them. "Great, what's next?" Kimy rolled her eyes.

She wanted to pull Helen away, but it was too late - Linny already saw them. She walked up to them. "Finally on date?"

"No, we're here with my brother." Kimy said with chuckle.

Linny furrowed her eyebrows. "Old Bryce is back? Since when?"

"I didn't mention Bryce at all. You know, if you weren't little mean-ass and hang out with people who considered you as a friend, you'd know a lot more." Kimy rubbed her forehead.

Linny rolled her eyes. "And why exactly would I do that? It's not like we stayed friends after Bryce left." She folded her arms over her chest.

"It's not like it's our fault." Helen sighed silently. Kimy heard her and smiled a bit. "Look, we've had a bit rough few days so if you want to spend time with us - sure - but don't test the boundaries." Helen said with a bit tired voice.

"Considering that the weirdo with the mute are going to be with you, I think I'll rather pass." She smiled ironically.

Jessie came from behind and did something that could look like a hug from behind with his arms around her neck - he had knife by her throat. "Careful, you don't want to insult my wife." He whispered to her ear.

He let her go and went back to Abia. They walked to Kimy and Helen. Abia waved silently. Linny chuckled. "You say it as if I was wrong which seems like a lie."

"Please remember that after the first meeting with you she was putting piece of vase out of me." Jessie gave her the "I'm not dumb" look along with "I know you know" look.

Abia leaned closer to her husband. "Sometimes I forget how careless she can be. I mean even your patience will break one day." Jessie chuckled and nodded.

He pulled her closer. "I missed you so much." It felt nice to have someone, who understood him, around.

"Okay, I'm going to go. I have better things to do. Oh wait, I wanted to talk with you in private." She pointed at Jessie.