4 ☑️

"Come with us Linny, I will get you there no matter if you want or not. Please, I want you to know, that I'm not lying to you. I promised him that you will come weeks ago, he even looked happy about it. It's his birthday today, so do it for him as a present." Michael begged his daughter for days now, but with no success. She kept rocking and it's five months since the Jenns' death now. "George, may I?" George picked up the fragile body and carry her to the back seat of the car.

"We have an hour till they let us in to see him. Do you want me to stop somewhere on the way there?" he slid the window down.

"No just go slower than usual. I will try to change my dear daughter, that used to listen to me." Michael sighed and got Linny's shirt off and clean one on. Pants were more problematic since her legs were tangled and her arms were around them almost all the time.

"He is here." after 2.5 months of her first sentence. She was pointing to the corner on the other side of the car. Michael used his chance and change her. She was mumbling under her breath, scaring both men.

"Honey, he's in hospital, not here. You'll see him soon. I want to see you smile again and not just because you have to, but you want to signalize your happiness." she was rocking again. "I hope seeing him will help her. I can't see her like this."

"Neither I do. Even tho, I know her since the accident, I'm sorry for what she had to go through. She's a clever and brave girl." both men sighed at the sigh of the half-sane girl, losing her mind second by second because she misses her best friend and dearest boyfriend. Nobody wanted anything else for her than to see him alive again. "We're here sir, but we still have more than 40 minutes."

"Take her and meet me in the waiting room." Michael went to the reception to ask for permission to go to the boy. She approved after his tenth time. He took his 'little' girl into his arms and walked their way through the hallways. "Ready to see him, little one?" he asked, looking at her.

"Sir, may I remind you, she stopped talking." George put his hand on Michael's shoulder.

"I know, I just still hope she'll respond to me. I just- Let's get in and see what she's going to do, once she will see him." Michael opened the door and walked in with George right behind him. "Look at the bed darling, I want just this from you, nothing more." she didn't move. "Please." she moved her head, but she didn't see him. Everyone, except her, saw him lying in the bed, she saw him everywhere else than that. In the car, in her room... just not on the hospital bed.

"I don't think, she sees him sir or she became crazy, which we hopefully don't have to take as an option. Linny, do you see Bryce over there?" George pointed to the corner. She looked that way and saw him, which logically led to her nodding her head. "Oh god, this is going to be a lot worse than we thought."

"He's over there, isn't he?" Linny spoke again, motioning to the little ball lightly snoring from his dreams.

"Do you see him?" her dad asked full of hope.

"No, I can hear his voice mumbling from there, but he's not there." she kept her eyes on the point, where they said Bryce is. "It's not him, just the body. He died almost 2.5 months ago. He's just a ghost and I will never be able to be with him like all those times before." a tear rolled down from her left eye.

"You will, just help him get back to his body." Michael rubbed his daughter's head. "He will come back to you, you just have to help him." he kissed her head and sat her on the chair next to Bryce's bed.

She kept her eyes on Bryce's arms hugging part of the cover close to him. Her eyes were closing, but she was trying to keep them open, to see Bryce wake up. When he whimpered from the bed, she knew exactly what to do. Both men just looked at the two 'kids'.