Chapter 44

Braylyn's POV
"Sweetheart, wake up," I felt Harry rubbing my back in hopes it would wake me up.

I didn't respond.

"Come on, kitten. I know you don't want to, but it's time for you to wake up," Harry said as his fingers rubbed more circles on my back.

I continued ignoring him.

I heard Harry's footsteps walk away. "Rise and shine, sleepyhead!!!" Harry pulled back my curtains, letting the sun's rays shine through my windows.

"Go away and let me sleep," I rolled over to find myself laying on something uncomfortable. I immediately shot up. "Why am I on the ground?!" I asked panicky.

"Good question. Why are you on the ground?" Harry walked over to me and crouched down beside me.

It then hit me. No. I don't want to say it. I think you all know.

Harry grabbed my wrist. "Your pulse is spiking. Your eyes are filling with worry. You're scared. Why?"

I look down, refusing to answer.

Harry raised my chin up so my eyes were looking directly into his. "Bray, just say it. You had a nightmare."

"H-H-How did you know?" I asked stunned. I didn't scream or cry. At least, I don't think I did.

"Last night, I came in to check on you, and you were scared out of your mind. You were curled up in a little ball, crying your eyes out," Harry informed me.

I'm speechless.

"Why didn't you come get us?" Harry asked.

"I-I-I didn't want to bother you guys," I only managed to say.

Harry put his hands under my arms and easily pulled me up into his lap and into his arms. "Braylyn, I'm not mad, ok? I'm just worried. I don't want you waking up in the middle of the night from nightmares. And more than that, I DON'T want you waking up from nightmares and NOT coming to get one of us, honey."

I looked down. I'm lost of words.

"Do you understand?" Harry asked me.

I didn't respond.

"Look at me when I'm talking to you, angel," Harry instructed me.

I didn't dare to look at him.

"Braylyn?" Harry lifted my chin up.

"I...uh...okay," I choked out. Sometimes I don't want to go to the boys when I have a nightmare. It makes me feel vulnerable, as if I need protection.

"Come here," Harry stood up with me in his arms and placed me on his hip.

I buried my face into Harry's chest while he pulled me closer than what I thought was possible. Loving the soothing feeling, I didn't protest as one of his hands rubbed up and down my back. Maybe I just wanted to be held. Maybe I just NEEDED someone to hold me.

"I'll hold you any day at any time," Harry whispered softly in my ear.

I didn't bother asking the question. I know I said my thoughts out loud again.

After several, long minutes, Harry spoke up. "Look, Braylyn. The reason why I came in here wasn't to talk to you about your nightmares."

"Wh-What?" I looked up at him.

"Well, it kinda was a reason. The other reason why I came in here is to help you get ready for the day. And since you took a shower last night, you don't have to take one right now," Harry told me.