Chapter 51

*TW: abuse and harassment*

Harry's POV
It's Tuesday night, which means Braylyn has dance and cheer. It's my night to tuck her in once she arrives home. Poor kid is going to be exhausted.

As for Zoey, Louis and Zayn took her to the park to let her run around. She has a lot of extra energy in her this evening.

Niall and I sat in the living room and watched TV as we waited for Liam to arrive with Braylyn. Within 20 minutes of our Friends episode, Liam entered with a sleeping Braylyn in his arms.

"It's the same thing every Tuesday night," Niall chuckled.

I knew he was referring to Braylyn being asleep each Tuesday when she comes home. She's always tired from dance and cheer. Louis and I thought about taking her out of one them, but Braylyn doesn't want to. She's our little trooper.

"She isn't eating dinner?" I asked Liam.

"Nope," Liam responded.

"I'll put her in bed now," I took sleeping Braylyn from Liam and placed her little body on my hip. I'll never get over how light she is.

"Goodnight love," Liam and Niall kissed Braylyn's cheeks.

I carried Braylyn up the stairs and held her tightly in my arms, careful not to drop her. I can be a clutz sometimes. The boys and I thought it would be Niall to first drop one of the girls. Well.......funny thing........it was....me. I once tripped and dropped Braylyn on the stairs, and she still holds a grudge.

Braylyn moved around in her sleep, accidentally kicking me in the shin.

"Fuck!" I groaned. Lord, her kicks are hard. She's lucky I didn't drop her again.

"Are you alright mate?!" Niall called.

"Yea!" I hollered back but quietly not to wake my child.

I walked into Braylyn's room and laid her on her bed. I grabbed a pair of pajamas from her pajama drawer. I then changed her out of her dance athletic wear and into the pajamas.

Suddenly, Braylyn woke up. "Where's Zoey?!" She panicked.

"Shhh. Shhh. It's alright, baby. Zoey is at the park with Louis and Zayn. They'll be back soon," I cooed at her and brushed her bangs out of her face.

"Zoey is fine?" Braylyn asked me quietly.

"She's fine," I kissed her head. "Go back to sleep, cub."

"I thought I was your kitten?" Braylyn looked at me confused.

"That's right, you're my little kitten, but you're also my everything. I love you so much," I bopped Braylyn's nose.

Braylyn smiled, which made my heart light up with happiness. "I love you too, Harry," she whispered.

Whenever Braylyn tells me that she loves me, it's like I'm on Cloud 9. It's the best thing ever.

A little secret: Louis and I secretly compete with each other and count how many times Braylyn tells us that she loves us. Surprisingly, it's a tie.

"Harry?" Braylyn spoke up.

"Hmmm?" I turned my attention back to her.

"Can I sleep with you and Louis tonight?" Braylyn asked me.

I smiled to myself, happy that she's feeling safe with Louis and me. Then again, I have to say no. "I'm sorry, Bray, but you can't tonight."

"Why?" Braylyn looked at me.

"You know how Louis and I are toughening you up. We understand you're scared to sleep alone sometimes, but we really need you to try for us. It will be okay," I explained to her.