Chapter 30

Louis's POV
We're finally pulling into the driveway. It feels great to be back home.

It's so late at night right now. Braylyn is already asleep because of jet lag. Zoey, on the other hand, is full of energy.

"Come on guys! Let's go inside!" Zoey bounced eagerly.

I guess she's excited to be back home.

"Hold on a second Zoey," I said to her.

Zoey already got out of the car and ran to the front door.

"Anyone want to grab Braylyn?" I asked the boys.

"I will," Zayn volunteered.

"Niall, we're here," Liam woke Niall up.

"Hmm?" Niall asked sleepily and rubbed his eyes.

"We're home now," Harry informed him.

"Why are you guys so slow?!" Zoey asked impatiently.

"Why does she have so much energy?" I asked the boys, mocking Zoey.

They laughed.

"Come on guys! It's cold out here!" Zoey called out to us.

"We better get out now," Liam stated.

We all nodded and got out of the car. Zayn grabbed sleeping Braylyn with him. We decided not to worry about unpacking right now, because we're tired.

"It's about time," Zoey said when we approached her.

"Impatient as always aren't you marshmallow?" I teased her.

She giggled.

Harry grabbed the house key from his back pocket and unlocked the door. As soon as he opened the door, Zoey ran into the house.

"How can a child have so much energy?" Niall asked.

"No one gave her sugar, right?" I asked the boys.

"No. It's only Braylyn who becomes crazy when she has to much sugar," they all responded.

We went into the living room and settled on the couches.

Zayn gently laid Braylyn on a couch of her own so none of us would bother her.

Zoey is running around the house and going into every room. I assume she's seeing if anything has changed.

"Should we go after her?" Harry asked us.

"Let her run around. She should become tired in a little bit," Liam stated.

Suddenly, we heard a 'thud', making us jump up. It wasn't from upstairs though.

"What was that?" Niall asked confused.

I put my finger over my mouth, signaling him to shut up.

We all listened for a minute in case we heard the noise again, but we only heard Zoey running around. We looked around with our eyes and stayed silent. That was when we saw Braylyn sleeping on the ground.

"She must had fallen off the couch," Zayn said.

"Of course she did. That's why she's sleeping on the ground," I rolled my eyes.

"But how did the impact of the ground not hurt her nor wake her?" Harry questioned.

"Maybe because the couch isn't that high," Liam said.

"Plus, it's not much different than her falling out of a bed," I added.

"But still, you all would think she would wake up from her falls," Harry said curiously.