Chapter 16

Braylyn's POV
This morning has been crappy so far. Today is Hunter's birthday, and I miss him terribly.

I had a nightmare during the night. The boys heard me through the baby monitors and came to comfort me. I refused to tell them what my nightmare was about.

Right now, I'm getting dressed for the day, as much as I don't want to.

Once I finished, I went downstairs and to the kitchen where the boys and Zoey are.

"Good morning," Liam noticed me first.

I didn't respond back. I'm just sad right now to speak.

"It looks like someone isn't fully awake yet," Louis joked.

I ignored him and sat down at the bar. I then noticed a bruise underneath Niall's eye.

"Niall, what happened?" I asked.

"Braylyn, you kicked me when you were having your nightmare," he told me.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled an apology.

"Don't apologize princess. It was an accident. I'm okay," he hugged me.

That makes one of us.

"Here you go darling," Zayn gave me a plate with toast on it.

"I'm not hungry," I mumbled.

"How come?" He asked concerned.

"I'm just not," I laid my head on the bar and closed my eyes.

"What's wrong kitten?" I felt Harry place his hand on my back and start rubbing it.

I ignored him.

"Can you please tell us what's bothering you Bray?" Harry asked me again. The boys know that Harry can make me talk. They use that as advantage to get me to open up to them sometimes.

I shook my head no. I just can't hide my sadness.

"Please talk to us Braylyn," I heard Louis say.

"Zoey knows," I only mumbled.

"What does Zoey have to do with this?" Liam questioned me.

"I said that she knows," I repeated quietly.

"Zoey, can you tell us what's wrong with Braylyn?" Zayn asked her.

I felt Zoey look at me. I nodded my head, giving her approval to tell them.

"It's our brother's birthday. Braylyn misses him," Zoey told the boys.

"Braylyn, can you raise your head up and look at me?" I heard Louis ask me.

I remained in my position.

I then felt my head being lift up. I opened my eyes to see Louis.

Flashback:
Right now, my parents are at work while my brother is taking care of Zoey and me.

Zoey is taking her nap. I'm running away from Hunter because I'm in trouble.

"Braylyn, come here!" Hunter chased after me.

I ran into Zoey's room to hide.

"Help me Zoey," I saw that she's awake in her crib and giggling with her fingers in her mouth.

"Thanks Zoey," I ran out of her room.

Suddenly, Hunter caught me and picked me up.

"I told you to come back," he stated to me.

He carried me to the kitchen and sat me down by the wall.