Chapter 74

Zoey's POV
"Zoey, wake up." I felt someone holding me in their arms and rubbing my back. I found it to be soothing and couldn't help but snuggle into the person. "Awww. You're cute, darling." I heard nothing other than the familiar voice of Liam.

I opened my eyes and was greeted with Liam's smile. "Good morning." I returned the gesture and hugged him around his neck.

"Good morning to you too." Liam sat down on my bed and placed me on his lap. He continued rubbing my back in circular patterns. "How are you feeling?" He asked me. I knew he was referring to my side. Ever since I've gotten my appendix removed, I've been a little sore, but the boys have been taking good care of me.

"Hurts a little, but it's healing......." I shrugged. "Really slowly," I added.

A smirk appeared across Liam's face as he chuckled lowly at my response. "Surgeries do take awhile to heal, marshie."

"I know," I sighed and rested my head on his shoulder, staring at my cream painted wall.

"We have to take it easy for a few more days. At least, until your side has healed. You've been doing a great job, and I'm proud of you, Zoe." Liam pulled me so I was now looking him in the eyes. "So proud of you," he smiled.

"Thank you." I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him. We remained in our hug for a few minutes, until I finally broke away and spoke again. "I'm bored. There's not a lot to do when you have to heal from surgery."

"Well, the boys and I talked, and we have a solution," Liam responded.

"Ooh, what?!" I asked excitedly with hopeful eyes.

"We were thinking Louis and Harry will have a daddies-daughter day with Braylyn, and you and me will have one... with Niall and Zayn. We can do anything you want. How does that sound?" Liam explained.

"Anything I want?" I asked for clarification.

"Well not anything, but anything your surgery allows you to do," Liam replied, running a hand across his stubble. I think he's trying to grow a beard. Oh well. With or without facial hair, I love him.

"Draw?!" I cheered enthusiastically, letting out a little giggle. A low chuckle was heard from him. The boys always say I have a contagious giggle that can light up any room. They say it's my best feature.

"Sure, if that's what you want to do." A grin appeared across Liam's face. He stood up with me in his arms and exited my room. He walked down the hallway and entered the playroom that was at the end of the hallway right next to Niall's room. He went to the center of the playroom where there's a kids' crafts table and sat me down on one of the little chairs. "What shall we draw first, milady?" He sat down in the miniature chair beside mine and laid a sheet of paper in front of me.

So many options filled my head; it was hard for me to choose one. Should I draw a butterfly? A park? Actually, scratch that one. I've drawn a few before. What to choose? After debating for another minute, I finally made a decision. "I've changed my mind. I don't want to draw but color instead." I grabbed one of my coloring books stacked next to my chair and flipped to a random page. I creased the book and set it down in front of us.

"I'm good with that." Liam kissed the top of my head and grabbed a few crayons from the cylindrical, metal container holding all of them. He spread them across his area of the table before picking one up to begin coloring with.

For the next hour or so, Liam and I colored pictures from my coloring book. At one point, I was starting to get hungry. My stomach growled loudly that Belgium probably heard it.

"I think it's time for some lunch." Liam chuckled as he stood up from his chair and picked me up. "We can go see what Niall and Zayn are up to. How does that sound, babe?"