Chapter 19

Braylyn's POV
I woke up screaming and crying from a nightmare. I knew I wouldn't sleep good at a hotel.

"Braylyn, it's okay. Wake up," I felt Harry shaking me.

I woke up.

"Do you want to talk about it kitten?" Harry asked me.

"No," I mumbled.

I looked over at Louis to see him still sleeping. How did he not wake up from my screams?

"I told him I'll comfort you," Harry noticed my confusion.

I didn't say anything.

"Do you want to go outside to get some fresh air?" Harry asked me.

"Sure," I whispered.

With one motion, he picked me up and held me on his hip, then walked over to the slide door. He unlocked it and opened it quietly to not wake Louis up.

A breeze suddenly hit against my body.

"It feels great, doesn't it?" Harry asked me.

I nodded.

I let the wind rustle my hair as Harry started swaying me in his arms. Unlike my mind, the wind is calm.

"We're going to have a great day tomorrow. Really, I mean today," Harry spoke up.

"We don't want you to freak out with all the fans. We know they scare you, but we just want you to stay calm. It makes us sad when you're scared and crying Braylyn," Harry frowned.

I only nodded, not promising anything. Just thinking about fans scares me.

"I shouldn't have brought that up. I'm sorry kitten," Harry sensed my fear and apologized.

I continued staying quiet and listening to the waves crash.

"Can I tell you something Braylyn?" Harry broke the silence again.

I nodded.

"You know the boys and I love you so much sweetheart. We've been waiting to adopt a little girl like you for almost a year," Harry told me.

"We used to argue over who would pick you up from school, or tuck you in at night, or even just hold you. Isn't that funny honey?" He lightly laughed.

I giggled a little, just imagining them fighting over the smallest things.

"We want to see you happy Braylyn. We want to see you smile and laugh. You're our little girl, and we all love you," Harry kissed me.

I stayed quiet.

"I should probably get you to sleep. I'm just rambling now, aren't I?" Harry asked, gazing down at me.

"Wait," I spoke up.

Harry looked surprised that I just talked, considering I was quiet the whole time.

"What is it Braylyn?" He asked me.

"The day you adopted me, why did you stop in front of me?" I questioned him.

"I saw your fear and sadness Braylyn. I saw how scared you are, and just wanted the boys and me to protect and love you ever since," he explained to me.

"You all do love Zoey, right?" I asked him unassured.

"Yes, of course we love Zoey. We love you and her both," he said.

"Why are you closer to me than you are with Zoey?" I whispered.

"Braylyn, you remind me of my older sister. You protect your younger sibling. I know, as an older sibling, you might not receive as much attention. I just want nothing more than to make you happy and love you," he explained to me.