Chapter 71

Harry's POV
These past few days have been nothing but difficult, dealing with Braylyn and her injury. No matter who held her, what words were said, and what calming practices were used, she would not calm down. She would cry for things out of reach: her parents and brother, going to Boston, and doing dance and cheer.

The boys and I could think of nothing more to do than be there for Braylyn and let the distraught 12 year old tire herself out. We figured it would be another situation in which she had a burst of energy to burn out in a few moments. However, when her "tantrums" would go on for at least an hour, we were all at a bit of a loss. We finally decided to give Braylyn space, realizing we were only upsetting her even more.

"Hey babe." Louis walked out of the kitchen. "Whatcha doin?"

I placed my phone beside me on the couch and looked up at him. "I wanted to tell you goodbye before you leave." Him, Niall, and Liam are taking Zoey out for the day. Meanwhile, Zayn and I are going to take Braylyn with us to do some errands.

"That's thoughtful of you." Louis grinned and approached me. I smiled and kissed him on the lips. I'm proud to call this beautiful man my husband.

Louis straddled me and began kissing me back. At this point, we were snogging. Loving the feeling of our lips connected, his body around mine, I started tugging at his shirt to take it off. Louis pulled away and locked his eyes into mine. "We can't. I'm sorry. Hopefully, we can some time later."

I nodded in understanding. Our focus is on Braylyn right now. She and Zoey are our number one priority.

"Take care of our baby girl." Louis whispered and kissed my cheek.

"You know I always will." I mumbled, kissing him in return. I love Braylyn as if I conceived her. I'd do anything for her, even if it means putting everything on the line.

"You better go wake her up. It's already 11:48." Louis chuckled, knowing how stubborn Braylyn can be. The other day, she punched and cursed at him after he pulled the sheets off her. I gave her a talk and put her in a timeout for her behavior, but she didn't seem to care.

"You're right. Wish me luck." I stood up from the couch and began walking towards the staircase, my boots making the wooden steps creak as I walked up them.

"Good luck. Love you!" I heard Louis holler.

"Love you too!" I yelled back and made my way into my room. I grinned as I saw Braylyn still sleeping in my bed, her hair sprawled everywhere with Chevy snoozing on top of it. She was cuddling Ripples while mumbling some incoherent words. Loving the sight, I pulled out my phone and snapped a picture to post with the other picture I took earlier of Braylyn sleeping on top of Louis as he cuddled her.

Louis and I moved Braylyn into my room during the night because we heard her screaming and crying through our monitor, signifying she was having a nightmare. Probably about the accident.

In all honesty, Braylyn's screams are horrifying to me. Sometimes, I would wake up thinking she's screaming and go check on her, only to see her sleeping peacefully. I could just be overly cautious about her. But would you be too if you heard her screaming like Bella from Twilight? Then again, Braylyn is mine and the boys' Bella, and it's our job to care for her.

I put my phone in my pocket and sat down next to Braylyn, making the bed dip. "Kitten, wake up." I shook her.

"Go away," Braylyn mumbled and buried her face deeper into my pillows.

"Remember whose room you're sleeping in," I chuckled.

"Do you want a matching bruise with Louis? I'll be glad to give it to you if you don't leave me alone," Braylyn sassed. She really is Louis's kid. Him and I are on the verge of getting a DNA test done with Braylyn, because it's so uncanny how she resembles us.