Chapter 38

Previously:
Braylyn and Zoey began crying.

"Girls, what's wrong?" I asked them worriedly.

They only cried harder.

"Girls, tell us," Liam pulled Zoey into his lap as Harry tried pulling Braylyn into his lap but only made her scream in fear.

"Can you please talk to us, angel? What's wrong, hon?" Harry looked at Braylyn concerned.

Braylyn and Zoey continued crying and screaming in fear, leaving the boys and me confused.
_______________________________

Harry's POV
This car ride has been hectic. The girls have been screaming and crying, and the boys and I don't know why.

"Girls, can you all please tell us what's wrong?" Liam asked them once again.

Braylyn and Zoey continued crying.

Eventually, we arrived at our house. As soon as Zayn pulled up in our driveway, Braylyn and Zoey unbuckled themselves and slowly got out of the car. Once we approached the house and opened the door, the girls quickly ran away.

"Girls, come back!" The boys and I ran after them.

"Us four will go get Zoey, while you go get Braylyn," Louis told me.

I nodded and ran upstairs. The boys and I have agreed that Braylyn can put up a good fight, which is why I'm always the one to go after her. She can never win against me.

"Braylyn, stop running," I chased her down the hallway.

At one point, I lost track of Braylyn. I skimmed through the boys' rooms, knowing she's hiding in one of them. I looked for her in my room, thinking she is hiding in my closet. Surprisingly, she isn't.

I walked into Braylyn's room and searched for her. I searched her closet, her bathroom, and her drawers (yes, she can probably fit in them).

Suddenly, I heard sniffling from underneath Braylyn's bed. I approached the bed and crouched down beside it. "Braylyn," I said gently.

Braylyn saw me and backed away in fear.

"Kitten, please come out. There's nothing to be afraid of," I spoke to Braylyn as if she were an actual kitten.

Braylyn remained in her position.

"Bray, come on. It's okay, baby girl. Just crawl out so we can talk about why you and Zoey are scared of us boys, okay?" I told her.

Braylyn swiftly crawled to the other side of the bed.

I arose to my feet and sprinted to the side Braylyn was crawling out from. I quickly kneeled down, scooped her into my arms, and rested her on my hip.

"Ple-Ple-ase don't hu-urt me!" Braylyn tried freeing herself from my hold.

"Shhh. Shhh. Cutie, I'm not going to hurt you at all. Please just calm down and breathe," I started bouncing her in my arms to calm her down.

Braylyn shook her head and continued to cry.

"It's okay, little one. Just relax and take deep breaths." I leaned in to kiss Braylyn, but she moved her head away. I sighed and started walking towards the door.