Chapter 10.

Recap:

No one's POV:

Oscar looked at the unconscious girl and watched as her forehead bruised and blood dripped. He scooped her up roughly and commanded his men to leave a message for Elijah. Oscar threw Rose in his carriage and sat with her before the horses trotted away. 

********

Chapter 10.

No one's POV:

Rose was locked up in another room of the castle and had been beaten again and again. She was huddled up in a corner of the stone room and was dressed in a rag.

Her head resting on her knees, Rose sat, unblinking as tears fell. There was a bang and Rose gasped as she backed further into the cold wall. She began to whimper as the door handle opened. Shutting her eyes, she felt a gentle gust of wind and did not dare to open her eyes.

"Miss Rose," a soft voice called and Rose opened her eyes instantly. "Helena?" She whispered and tried to get up to hug the maid.

"Master Oscar said to give you this," Helena spoke as she avoided Rose' gaze. The bruised girl looked in the maid's arm to see a large white wedding dress.

"No..no..please...no," Rose began to cry as she attempted to tear the white dress.

"Miss," Helena whispered as her eyes bulged in utter fear, "Master will hear and you'll get hurt again," but this was not enough to deter Rose from trying to ruin the wedding dress.

"He can kill me for all I care," she sobbed, "I have nothing to live for," and she fell to her knees and sobbed uncontrollably. She was brokenhearted at the fact that Elijah was not coming to save her.

The door slammed open and Oscar dragged the maid out before he locked the door and faced his fiancee. "Where did thou go?" He asked, trying very hard to keep calm. No longer afraid, Rose walked up to him and whispered, "away from you".

Oscar's face contorted in rage as he slapped Rose with such force, she fell backwards on the floor. "Where did thou go?" He asked again and watched as Rose touched her cheek with a shaking hand.

Rose did not answer him as she glared at him in disgust. Then she got an idea and knew how she could try to get out.

"That man had said you sold me off to him. I thought thou loved me," she whispered as she tried her best to act solemnly.

Oscar looked utterly astonished as she spoke and he instantly regretted beating his fiancée in such a ferocious manner.

Slowly walking towards her, he stooped and touched her face, making her feel sick inside. "Darling, why did not thou tell before?" He sighed and was shocked when Rose threw herself in his arms, despite being in pain.

Rose' POV:

I felt disgusting as I forced myself to fall into the monster's arms. But, I knew that by doing so, he would believe that I was truly repentant and terrified. I sobbed as I wondered how he was feeling.

"I will kill that son of a bitch," I heard Oscar growl and this scared me. What if he kills my Elijah?I do not think my heart could take it. Still in Oscar's arms, I knew I had to say something. "It is our wedding day tomorrow, I would rather forget about that horrible man," I sighed sadly and was glad when Oscar nodded eagerly.

"Yes darling! Though, forgive me for asking, but you seem to have done a sudden turn?" he asked suspiciously and I froze before lying smoothly, "I know you hurt me because you love me," forcing myself to lie smoothly. I felt sick at how he would think I accept his abuse. He stood up and I looked up at him, with a sad smile.