Chapter 5

Sorry for the delay.

Recap:

Unknown POV:

I was thinking about today's events when a sudden whiff of blood hit me. I immediately sped out of the chambers and headed towards the smell. It led me towards a door. Without a thought, I smashed the door and sped in, seeing Rose laying there with a pool of blood beside her bed. I rushed towards her and bit into my wrist before bringing it into her mouth. I realised that someone else had walked into the room but didn't look up to see who it was.

*********

Chapter 5:

No one's POV:

The handsome man watched as the sleeping figure slowly sucked blood from his wrist. He softly moved her hair out of her face as he gazed down at her. He kept an eye on her wrist which was now healing up, leaving behind smooth skin with dried blood. He was relieved that he had reached the girl in time. 

Elijah had been in his chambers as he thought about the strange girl he had met in the woods. A sudden scent of blood hit his nose and the man swivelled his head towards the scent. Seeing two men stood guard on each side of the wooden door, Elijah sped up to them, surprising them before he compelled them to get far away as possible. He wasted no time as he smashed the door and ran inside. He was shocked to see the girl from the woods.To him, it was as if the universe was putting the girl right in front of him. 

There were thundering footsteps and panting when a man barged into the room. He gasped as he saw the mess on the floor and when his eyes lay on the still unconscious Rose, he came fixated and recoiled in horror upon seeing the man before him feeding her blood.

"Wha-what in the w-orld is-is this monstrosity?" the man, Oscar stuttered as he backed into the wall.

Elijah, who fed Rose his blood, calmly walked towards the now cowering Oscar and spoke "You will not remember what just happened. You did not see me feed this young lady blood. You stumbled upon this scene and saw a thief attempted to steal your fiancée and chased after him. Understand?"

Oscar looked back blankly and replied "I understand,". Elijah nodded, satisfied, and walked towards the girl who was now stirring awake slowly. He smiled down at her before he sped out.

Oscar had a blank look on his face, and after looking at the mess around the room, he saw Rose who was now awake with blood on her arm. Feeling startled, he yelled "guards! Guards!" as he looked as his frightened fiancé.

At that exact moment, a half a dozen dazed looking guards ran to the room. "There was an intruder, find him and kill him," he added in an angry tone mixed with confusion.

Rose's POV:

As I felt myself slipping away, I felt something warm in my mouth then an odd tasting liquid. "Drink up, that's it," I heard a gentle yet manly voice speaking soothingly as this someone put their hand on my forehead. I could not apprehend what was happening but I stayed still, scared out of my mind of this madman who was feeding me blood. What kind of a monster was he? It was odd for me to feel comforted by his voice and I recognised it as the man from the woods. 

Maybe this was a sign, maybe he was going to save me from myself. As I laid still, I heard footsteps thudding towards me and I didn't dare move a muscle. There was a moment's silence before I heard a voice that was usually strong and had an authorative hold over me. 

"Wha-what in the w-orld is-is this monstrosity?" the man I recognised as Oscar said in a scared voice. I felt the stranger from the woods gently remove his wrist from my mouth as I felt a slight breeze.