Chapter 6:

AN: Hello! Update is up! Sorry it's a little on the small side. The pic on the Side is of the balcony Rose is on when Elijah comes.

Enjoy!

Recap:

Rose's POV:

When he kissed my hand, I longed for him to touch my hand again as I felt a conforting shiver. Even though I knew he was something more than a human I was not scared but I wanted to find out more. I wonder if he knew that I had heard what he said to Oscar. I could feel him glancing at me and I looked away at Oscar who talking to Sir Thompson, his father's dear friend. 

***********

Chapter 6:

No one's POV:

Rose was aware that Elijah was staring at her as she looked down. She dared to look up just once when she ended up staring into his eyes. She turned a deep crimson and walked away towards the buffet table.

Picking up a glass of wine, she felt someone close by and looked up to see Oscar who was staring at a woman. "Stay here," he muttered as he walked towards the voluptuous woman. Rose sighed in relief; at least she wouldn't have the watchful eye of her fiancé on her all night. Watching Oscar walk out of the hall, she turned away only to bump into Elijah.

"Sorry," she gasped, wincing, as she realised that she had spilled red wine all over his tux. The man looked down at her amused and replied "it was an accident," in a soothing voice. She then felt embarrassed that she shut her eyes, as if she was waiting for a slap. Elijah narrowed his eyes at her and she put the empty glass of wine back on the table and sped off towards the balcony.

Elijah stared after her, slightly conflicted and grabbed two fresh glasses of wine and walked after her. He watched her as she looked ahead into the night, the cold air making her breath fog slightly and the cold breeze blowing her hair. To him, she looked like an angel. He began to walk towards her and she whipped around when she heard his footsteps.

"You shouldn't be here!" She whispered in a scared voice as she looked behind him. There were a few people chattering but a heavy curtain was separating Rose and Elijah from the others. Elijah smiled at her and began to walk towards her slowly. Rose reluctantly stood still as she couldn't walk away, her back being against the balcony. She looked down and Elijah gently tilted her chin upwards. He looked directly in her eyes and spoke "tell me all about yourself,".

Before the girl knew what was happening, she found that she was telling him everything.

Elijah's POV:

Oscar being the dirty dog he is, I knew he would take the bait. I had asked a friend of mine, Elizabeth, to occupy him for the night. She was only to happy for oblige as I had saved her lover so she owed me a favour.

In the hall I couldn't keep my eyes off of Rose who looked very beautiful yet scared. There was something about her that drawed me to her. I had walked up to her only for her to bump into me and spill wine on my favourite suit. Ah well. I won't rip her heart out over this slight misdemeanour. Rose mumbled something before she sped out as fast as her long dress would allow her. I chuckled and looking around to see no one else saw, I swiftly followed straight after her to the balcony. She had her back towards me and I could see her long hair tresses fluttering in the wind. I longed to reach out and tuck it behind her ear before kissing her. I couldn't stop thinking about how her lips would feel like on mine and what her soft hand would feel like in mine.

Consumed by my thoughts, I walked towards the girl who gasped as she turned around and looked terrified, like I was some sort of a monster. Then I realised,  I am a monster.