Chapter 16:

Recap:

No one's POV:

"My God, it really is you," she started to cry as she looked at his face. Elijah smiled at her and Belle shook in his arms, "I thought you were dead," she whispered in his chest. Recalling what she had heard from Katherine and Damon's conversation, Belle realised that he was no longer her Elijah. Pulling away from his strong arms, she whispered "I'm sorry," before she vanished. Elijah was left standing alone, stunned.

"You're back, brother," Klaus' voice came and Elijah looked up. Without a word, the older original began to walk into the Original Mansion.

**********
Chapter 16:

No one's POV:

*at the Original Mansion*

Klaus watched his older brother as Elijah looked thoughtful. Deciding to break the silence, the Hybrid opened his mouth.

"It's been a long time,".

Elijah didn't say a word. Without looking away from the mirror, he opened his mouth. "How long have you known?"

"Long enough," was all the Hybrid said. Elijah nodded slowly as he looked up.

"Why did you tell her I didn't love her?" he asked calmly.

Klaus chuckled.

"You told her I died?!" Elijah's voice was getting louder as he glared at his younger brother. He was not surprised to see that Klaus simply smirked at him.

"Why should I have told her? Huh? Every time, you were the first choice, brother. Tatia, you were her first choice. Katherine. You were her first choice. Though I only wanted her for her blood," he added. "I wanted Rose to be mine. If I couldn't have her, why should you?" Klaus' face was now red in anger.

Elijah smiled as he walked towards his brother. "You will never have her, she's mine," he murmured. Klaus glared at him, his jaw tightening.

"We'll see about that," he smiled and Elijah chuckled.

"So this is what it comes down to? History repeating itself? Two brothers fighting over one girl. How pathetic you are, Nik, how petty,".

"When I make Rose mine, you will be the pathetic one, brother," Klaus smirked and Elijah chuckled before he sped out.

Klaus stood in his mansion all alone, thinking furiously. "Argh," he screamed as he toppled the large freestanding mirror over and it shattered, small pieces scattered all over the smooth floor. Breathing deeply, he picked up a piece of broken mirror. "She will be mine," he growled as he crumpled the mirror. His hand started to bleed and he watched as the torn skin began to heal.

Meanwhile, it was past midnight and Belle found herself on Wickery Bridge as she stared into the water. She ignored the calls and texts that Dean was showering her with. She knew that he'd be worried so she decided to message him.

Please meet me at Wickery Bridge.

She was feeling so confused about what had happened. Elijah had been alive all this time? How? Why didn't he ever find her? She thought they were always going to be together. A tear fell down her face and she wiped it furiously, determined not to shed any more tears.

*at the boarding house*

"Where is she?!" Dean fretted as he paced the room. The party was still going on but he, Stefan, Elena and Damon were in another room. "You don't think Katherine has done anything to her?"