Chapter 24

Recap:

His phone rang and his eyes darkening, he answered. "What the hell happened last night? I want to hear your version."

He listened for a few minutes. "I put her in front of you and you couldn't even take her. That's pathetic, even for you. I gave you blood and made you into a vampire. The least you could do, Oscar, is-"

There was a gasp and Klaus whipped around. His eyes widened. "I'll call you back." He murmured into the phone.

"It was you?" Rose whispered as tears fell down her face. "You turned him?"

"Love, you have to unders-" Klaus began as he walked towards her.

"No!" Rose screamed as she backed away. "You knew what he had done to me. How could you, Nik? You stay the hell away from me. I hate you." Without another word, she sped away and Klaus growled, punching the brick wall. He watched the cuts on his hand heal and his face became a blank mask.

*********
Chapter 24:

It was just after noon and Rose was reading a book as she sat in Elijah's penthouse. The original had gone out to get some food for them. Having stayed over last night, Rose was only dressed in one of Elijah's shirts. Putting her book down and rolling the baggy sleeves up, she made herself a cup of tea and grabbed her book again, perching herself on the wide window seat.

After a few minutes, her phone buzzed and stretching as she walked, Rose picked up her phone and smiled when she saw who was phoning her.

"Hey, Dean!"

"You finally picked up, you dirty little stop out!" Dean accused.

"You're just jealous!" Rose laughed. "What's up?"

"Nothing much. I'm just waiting for my fiancee. We're gonna have lunch together. I wanted to ask, do you fancy dinner later? My brothers and I were thinking of having a get together with both families."

"Sure." Rose smiled as she sat on the window seat again, which overlooked the beautiful city. "Who's coming? And both families? What both families?"

"Well, I'll be there with Rebekah, Elena and Damon are coming. Elena's brother, Jeremy and their friends might come. You're coming and Elijah is too. Oh, and Klaus. Well, with regards to the two families. Our family is one and Rebekah's family is the other."

"Klaus is coming too?" Rose asked as she tried to keep her voice normal.

"Yeah." Dean spoke doubtfully. "I wasn't too keen on having him over, but Rebekah insisted."

"Okay." Rose murmured as anger bubbled inside her. She tried her best to remain calm. "Do you need help for the dinner thing?"

"Damon has it covered. He's compelled some chefs from out of town. He's being a fancy git."

Rose laughed. "Okay, I'll see you then. You need me to bring anything? Dessert?"

"Just bring your butt over. You better not miss the dinner!"

Rose smiled and said "Okay, I won't. You're my best friend, I wouldn't miss the dinner for the world!"

"Good. I'll see you then."

Rose cut the call off and sighed heavily, her chin resting on her knee. It had been a few days since she saw Klaus and yelled at him. She started to feel physically sick when she thought about the betrayal. How dare he turn the very man who abused and oppressed her? Feeling her heart beat faster, she thought of Elijah. She started to relax and smiled as she remembered the times she spent with her love on their balcony.