Chapter 27:

Recap:

Elijah murmured "Shh," before his eyes widened. He shielded Rose's body with his own as his door blew open with an almighty explosion, destroying half of the penthouse.

Feeling his burns and cuts healing, Elijah glared and saw no one. He looked down at Rose before gasping. She was unconscious, her arms and face cut by shrapnel. "Rose!" Elijah murmured as he shook her gently. He noticed she was bleeding from her stomach. Taking a deep breath, he pulled out the large piece of glass stuck in her stomach and immediately gave her his blood.

It still would not heal. "What on earth?" Elijah whispered. He grabbed a towel and pressed in onto Rose's stomach. "Darling, wake up,".

*10 mins later*

Rose was still unconscious and Elijah was getting desperate. He looked at her, his eyes filled with worry. He heard running footsteps and grabbed Rose before speeding out.

"Thank God the owner wasn't here," the man sighed as he looked at the mess. "Polly, call 911, this was obviously attempted homicide. I better call Mr Mikaelson."

*******
Chapter 27:

"Why won't she wake up?" Dean murmured as he watched Rose.

"It's her human side." Damon murmured in awe. He looked at his older brother and added, "Isn't Rose a mix? Human, vampire and witch? So, like Elijah had said, it could be her human side that's gonna heal at a low pace.

"Hmm, you have a valid point," Dean sighed as he sat on the chair and held Rose's cold hand. "But it still doesn't explain why Elijah's blood didn't heal her. He said he fed her blood back at their place and here too. What's going on?"

"She'll be okay," Stefan sighed. "Let's just hope Elijah's witch can do something. Where is Bonnie? Wasn't Elena gonna call her over?"

"She probably got held up," Damon frowned as he looked worried.

"Who could have done this?" Dean asked.

"It's obvious, brother," Damon sighed. "That bastard Oscar and his bitch Katherine. You know how much Katherine ha- hey, where are you going?!" Damon asked as Dean jumped up and angrily walked towards the door.

"To kill Katherine." Dean growled, the veins around his eyes becoming dark as he walked.

"Woah, buddy, hold it," Damon sped right in front of his brother.

"Get out of my way," Dean snarled.

"No. I won't." Damon murmured, his hand outstretched. "Rose needs you."

"Have you not seen her, Damon?! Did you not see the state she was in?! I'm gonna kill that fucking doppelganger whore!" A struggle ensued, with Stefan joining in.

"I'll help ya," Rose whispered as she looked at the three brothers.

Looking shocked, the three Salvatores stared at her as Rose chuckled weakly; she found the sight hilarious. Damon had his hand on Dean's chest, Dean was bending Damon's other arm and Stefan was pulling his older brothers apart.

"You're awake!" Dean gasped as he ran to her. "Damon, call Elijah! Quickly."

"What the hell happened?" Rose asked as she tried to sit up, but to no avail.

"From what Elijah said, someone blew up the penthouse. You got hit pretty bad and was knocked out," Dean frowned. Damon came back and Elijah was back too.

"My love!" Elijah murmured as he kneeled beside the large bed. "How are you feeling? You had us all worried."

"Ugh. I feel like shit." Rose tried to sit up and gasped. She lifted the cover up and whimpered. "Er...why is this here?" Rose asked as her voice shook. She was pointing at her flat stomach which was covered in bloody bandage.